Walking Zombies

GhostsNightmare
Can someone make the zombies walk instead of running? I think it would be awesome!

Re: Walking Zombies

GhostsNightmare wrote
Can someone make the zombies walk instead of running? I think it would be awesome!

This is a cool idea. I'm thinking about making a mission with stuff like this, not only. But partly. And have other stuff like it added in.

Re: Walking Zombies

DayZ_SP
The main problem is this can't be done the way rocket coded the zombie animations & fsm.

You can slow them down, but they will never walk with their arms out like classic Zombies should. He wanted "28 Days Later" and "Resident Evil" style fast sprinting Zombies because I am sure he thought it would make it more challenging...

Re: Walking Zombies

GhostsNightmare
That would be awesome dude!  Maybe just to keep it a little more challenging add head shots only.

Oh, i see dayz_sp i just thought it would of been a pretty cool feature.

Re: Walking Zombies

Aww shame. I really wanted to have a mission beeing hard as hell, but not because of bandits. But because of millions of zombies chasing you through Cherno, giving no shits about walking slow inside etc. I like having DaiZy missions as close to MP aswell. BUT, I also like mods and different things. :3

Re: Walking Zombies

GhostsNightmare
Looks like someone made it happen check out the link!

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/98531-slow-down-zombies-in-dayz/

Re: Walking Zombies

The problem is balancing it, it's starting to feel like playing on an empty map.

Re: Walking Zombies

NicoCaffa
Well, to balance that you'll need to put more zombies (and more lag, lol)

Re: Walking Zombies

GhostsNightmare
It would probably get really laggy around larger cities. Unless some have a more powerful computer.

Re: Walking Zombies

As I see it, it doesn't matter how many they are, if you can just jog away from them all. Unless you rewrite them to ALWAYS chase you. xD

That would be cool, it would always be a race against time while looting.