W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

Remdog
This is simply a recreation of the game stalker, it is currently nearing it's alpha release and would soon need players to assist in testing it. The main objective of the game is to survive mainly through team work and skill, also scavenging for ammo, guns and food/water is very important too. I put these in this forums as I use many things from dayz, and also the game is very much like dayz.
Features:
Hunger and thirst
Sleeping
Zombified stalkers
Bloodsuckers
Blind dogs
Patrolling enemies and friendlies (groups of 5)
Safe zones where bullets don't damage you
Stashes
Enemy camps
Multiplayer
PvP
Anomolies (burn, electro, mincer, etc)
Artefacts
Message me some recommendations!!

W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

Allendium
as someone that loves both stalker and dayz, I would love to see how far this goes.

Re: W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

Niceonegunit
I made a very similar mod awhile ago, but no one was interested and the thread sunk down into the depths somewhere.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

benevolentdevil
 many years later, I still am seeking this type of mission myself , and have elected to try and take up the mantle to make one for Arma2 Oa.

Hunger and thirst  - I can do this, but RSP ( real survival pack GUI will not show with Stalker. )
Sleeping - Check.
Zombified stalkers -Check.
Bloodsuckers  - Check, but they are too OP really.
Blind dogs - Check.
Patrolling enemies and friendlies (groups of 5) - I'd rather have variable group sizes.
Safe zones where bullets don't damage you - No, danger everywhere, always.
Stashes - I can do simple Stashes, not sure how to "hide them" though.
Enemy camps - Check.
Multiplayer - Check.
PvP - Check.
Anomolies (burn, electro, mincer, etc) - Check, Check, and bolts/detector check.
Artefacts - sorta.  Artefacts don't do anything.

 What is needed :
- a Trader that buys Weapons, sells weapons, buys Ammo, sells Ammo , and buys Artefacts.
- Working GUI for food, water, health and Rads.
- better Map than Namalsk.  It looks the part, but is horribly not optimized, nor AI "pathing" is well done.
  Chernarus is ill suited for Stalker.
- Nightime Lighting Systems for players, so NVGs can be completely removed. ( I'd like flashlights, flares, and chemlights.  No ACE please.)
 - Working currency system.

Re: W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

Remdog
Are you legit doing this? I will be so keen to see it! I ended up deleting my progress and what i had made sadly :(

Re: W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

benevolentdevil
Yes, it's in progress in making.

 Just have hit a few road blocks, due to my limited scripting capability ATM.  But , it's going.

Re: W.I.P. Arma 2 - s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Call of chernarus single player and multiplayer online

benevolentdevil
 Things I wish easily "solved" for Arma2 OA/CO "STALKER" :

1- lack of decent Mutants ...  in Arma2 you can't "arm" the Zombified Stalkers ( you can, but they aimbot just like any AI ) ...
2- Blind dogs don't look mutated.
3- no Snorks ... ( I can't figure out how to port. )
4- No poltergist.
5- Bloodsucker is not ... as easy in Arma2 as they are in Stalker.

 Artefacts spawning ...  I'm sure if you are a command/scripting genius , not much of an issue ...
But there's no way to truly randomize artefact locations , and no good way to spawn artefacts in on markers preset, and only have a player pick up once ever.  You either get one spawn period, or abusive continuous spawning.

 Anomalies coded into Arma2 are not the same exactly as STALKER games, some are close , but artefact matching/protections are not the same, and takes alot of trial and error to figure out.

 I'm irritated at Traders ,or lack of good decent traders ... one would think, with EPOCH/Overpoch advanced trading, and thos estupid "life" servers, someone would have a template that works for a better trader ( cleaner, non-intrusive or action menu spammy) , that doesn't work off a SQL database.
But nooo ...
that make it too easy for everyone.