Vehicle problem

evaunit1x
Ok first let me say that this forum has been a ton of help and i'm grateful for all the info all of you have shared. Here is my issue:

I have both games bought from steam and installed. I got Day Z from play 6 and i have played it before no issue.

I downloaded the addon v[RZo] and the v042c map to use and it works with 2 issues.

1. all i see under cheats is the magicbox. Thats fine but i thought there was a list of cheats. (side note: i have tried other versions but i still only see that magic box and the nonworking time editor)

2. i can't find vehicles. nothing. anywhere.

Am i nuts or did i do something totally wrong. I'm deleted and reinstalled the entire game read article after article where some people get vehicles and some don't. Do they just not spawn in normal locations or do they take time to spawn.

I've tried everything and i'm just getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance for replies

Re: Vehicle problem

ztrevetty88
Hello, I'm one of the people that helps out with the SP and if you will please we have posted something called kronsupportcall its from kronzky's website and we are using it for cheats so if you want cheats go there.
And your vehicle problem, as for that have you looked around all the spawn points?

Re: Vehicle problem

FoxDIE
For the cheat problems im recommend you to try the suppor call addon you can find it here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16953

Just throw the file in your addons arma II folder  and you will see a little button under the options list when you tap esc, i use it to wear the bandit skin but you can get vehicles and weapon ,even inteligent from it.

note: this is not compatible with MP so when you wanna join a server you will need to remove the file from your addons folder ( repeat, addons fro ARMA folder, NOT @Dayz folder...)

And for the vehicles maybe is just Murphy´s laws working here, but i recommend you to to try the lastest dayz.pbo and dayz_code.pbo from DayZ_SP post!

Good look!

Re: Vehicle problem

ztrevetty88
thanks fox i forgot to add the link

Re: Vehicle problem

evaunit1x
Actually i have tried out supportcall and it does work well. As for the other vehicles i have checked several costal towns and the salisty island spawn but haven't found anything i can repair yet. Wonder if i just haven't looked around enough?

Re: Vehicle problem

luke
The cheat menu was removed/not restored at some point, there is a mod called Kronzky 's support call that adds time changes, vehicle spawning etc, skin changes as well.  I have noticed other reports of people not finding vehicle or getting too many, however I have been playing 042c in various formats including multiple saves and multiple restarts and never experienced that issue yet.

Vehicles can sometimes be found in out of the way locations At first I hadnt found any then I saw one on top of a hill. Since then I have seen 3-4 more vehicles now. It does seem to be random though. Some people seem to find no shortage of vehicles, some find none, even been one report of vehicles en masse. I will add this to the list of bugs, however it appears to be completely random.

I hate restarting as much as anyone when a new mod comes out, but sometimes this can also do the trick...

Re: Vehicle problem

DayZ_SP
note: this is not compatible with MP so when you wanna join a server you will need to remove the file from your addons folder ( repeat, addons fro ARMA folder, NOT @Dayz folder...)
This is NOT how you should install mods because it can mess up your default ArmA 2 installation.

Always use the following method:

-If the mod does not come in its own folder when you download it, create it with the "@" symbol e.g...

@MOD1

-Place  the .pbo files are in a sub folder called "addons" (create a sub folder as well).

So, your Mod folder should look something like this:

@MOD1\addons\

-Now, make a shortcut to the Mod on your desktop. The TARGET LINE for the shortcut should look something like this:

X:\Whatever root directory\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -mod=@MOD1

-You can add additional parameters as well as run MULTIPLE MODS from the same shortcut. For example, running DaiyZ + Kron's Support Call Mod:

X:\Whatever root directory\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -mod=@KRON_Support;@DaiyZ -skipintro -nosplash -window

The "-skipintro", and "-nosplash" parameters make the game load much faster by skipping the BIS logo and moving backgrounds normally found behind the main menus.

The "-window" parameter is one I use as a developer / trouble shooter so I can multitask while the game is running. I can switch between my editing program (Note Pad++), Chrome browser while looking up something like a weapon, class or vehicle ID, etc.

Also...

If you use the above method, you should make TWO shortcuts for both versions of DayZ:

-One for the normal MP version

-A second one for the SP DaiyZ version.

This way you don't have to mess around with swapping out files because they are two different mods and you don't have to worry about MP incompatibilities.

Re: Vehicle problem

FoxDIE
thanks Dayz_SP now my files are much more organized!