Time in Arma2?

benevolentdevil
 Alright this is hard to explain:

 I need to know, how Arma2 handles time in game.

 I thought because it's a "simulator" , that in game time runs like the real outside world,  and only "mods" like DayZ changes "time" ...

 But is that true, or is time , say 24 hour "cycle" ... runs faster while in game?

 I'm working on adding Real Survival Pack to a mission and it has this in it's files:

//Survival Variables
//SleepFood = 0.08; //2880; //minutes (48 hours)
//SleepWater = 0.08;  //1440; //minutes (24 hours)

 Now , is that 48 hours REAL time, or 48 hours inside-the-game-time?

 Or is there no difference?

 I'm really struggling here ... I do not see ANY player playing continuously for 48 hours in real time.
Kind of defeats the purpose of needing food if so ....

Re: Time in Arma2?

benevolentdevil
OK one more minor question :

 the HINT display ( upper right corner of screen)  ... is there a keybind that toggles this always to show?
 I see many Epoch/DayZ server screenshots, where something is always displayed, but when I play ...
the hint screen only shows for a few seconds when something changes.

Did i somehow screw up a key bind for this?
I'm using a new keyboard ... so that's all i know I changed.