Stalker sandbox 3 - the "back up"

benevolentdevil
Honestly, large maps are a pain with Stalker anyways, as all the artifacts and anomaly triggers count as objects, and arma2 has a limit to objects that can be placed via editor.  That plus Real Survival pack , where you must place water barrels and timbers around at least, it was just to much to try an utilize a big huge map.
( not looking good for takistan btw, not yet, but is possible I can do one for Zargabad soon. )

You -can- script things to load sort of dynamically , but it doesn't always work to be honest, or isn't quite fluid enough.

 But, because I lost work on Chernarus due to a technical blunder and glitch , I started finishing up my test map, which is on Proving Grounds.  Smaller map, but much added in , things to explore, and lots of traveling around.

 Almost at a final stage for complete alpha testing.
Has most the same features as the previous version I originally spoke about, with a minor tweak to loot spawns, which now randomizes in containers found around the map+ respawns loot every so often.
This was done also to save object space in the editor.

 My randomish-enemy/renegade/bandit spawns are also working.
How it works, once you cross a trigger , it randomly selects units , spawns them with random gear , random skill levels, random directions, and they will seek to move in on the player positions.  There can randomly be several small groups of these spawn in at random time intervals too.
Just having blind dogs and zombified Stalkers wasn't enough "danger" to give much challenge.

Crossing my fingers, I'll have no more set backs.

Re: Stalker sandbox 3 - the "back up"

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Stalker sandbox 3 - the "back up"

benevolentdevil
If and it's a BIG IF , I can script to have objects and triggers to spawn dynamically as players get with-in say 500 meters , and unload as they move away , i could do large maps like takistan.

However, i've not got those scripts to work ... dunno why.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Stalker sandbox 3 - the "back up"

benevolentdevil
Takistan is huge though.  Imagine going through a town and not finding very much , maybe one loot crate or stash , the next town a few KM away over finding nothing.

 Is that too boring? I think it sort of would be... I agree with "less is more" philosophy , but I'm not sure that works with STALKER so much.

Even with lots of things on the map, Takistan is a very big/daunting place.
I remember one time on wasteland on Takistan, our team built a base out in the desert away from towns , it was there a month, never attacked, the OPFOR never found our base, or came out in the desert looking for it.

I enjoy Takistan map though, it is one of my favorites.  I also like Sarahni really well.