Some oddness, and troubles setting it up ... Any assistance would be nice..

Some oddness, and troubles setting it up ... Any assistance would be nice..

br0ken1128
Believe it or not I am actually tech savvy, I say that hoping you'll forgive my ignorance in advance ;) ..

INSTALLATION STORY:

I bought the combined operations game via steam but noticed that the dayz commander app and the play with six app both had some issues with Steam .. they thought it wasn't installed when it was..

So I figured what the heck, I'll just shell out $17 at Amazon and get the installer that way.. DayZ commander was happy..

I installed DayZ via commander and I installed the latest beta patch.. then I followed instructions found here:

http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dayz-offline-single-player-practice.html

The directory structure of the mediafire area isn't that intuitive even after looking at the instructions, so I just went with the rz0 release and the rz0 map knowing that I wouldn't get the fancy hud.. splendid!

Instructions are simple enough but I kept getting errors about things addons being required, some other forums suggested that copying addons from Arma2 to Arma2 AO would help .. and it largely did, but I still get one specific error which says:

"Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CAMisc_fix'" .. some people were saying forget that error, it means nothing.. but it still seems a bit odd.. nevertheless...

ISSUES:

I got into the game, I selected single player.. chose the DaiZy_v042c.Chernarus map that goes with rz0 and everything loads fine! ... I get some graphic weirdness though, grass shows up white in large patches which it didn't do before .. it comes and goes... but no matter WHERE I have gone I have not seen one single zombie... also, since doing all of this .. M for map, brings up nothing.. it's a black black screen where the map SHOULD be .. quite odd.. all of that was working fine in the steam version.

So the questions are:

1. What is this CAMisc_fix error about? can it be fixed?
2. Are the instructions I followed up to date or can someone provide a better step by step?
3. Why are there no zombies, bandits or survivors?
4. Any idea why I'm getting the weird graphics glitch with the white grass patches?

Bonus Question:

I have some scripts I'd like to also use and they mention entering them in the init section for the unit.. however when I go to edit, I can't add any script for unit .. is it possible to run scripts with daizy? if so .. what might I be doing wrong?

THANK YOU!!!!!

Re: Some oddness, and troubles setting it up ... Any assistance would be nice..

br0ken1128
I fixed my own issue ... I did update the shortcut for the beta but I didn't launch the beta ;) I'm a moron ..

So I solved MOST of my issues.. also not seeing the graphics glitches either.. however .. is it possible to execute scripts? that may be my last issue at this point..

Re: Some oddness, and troubles setting it up ... Any assistance would be nice..

kodabar
Administrator
Nice. I like when people fix their own errors before I get there.

What kind of scripts are you trying to add? I don't know a lot about using them, but I might be able to help.

Re: Some oddness, and troubles setting it up ... Any assistance would be nice..

br0ken1128
Well one of them was going to be a god mode script but I'm having fun without it ... I just like to have the OPTION because on weekends after a long day of work, sometimes I just like to explore .. One of the MAIN reasons I got interested in the Daizy mod was because it offered a single player experience free of the crap I found on WarZ which is people camping spawn points and safe zones with the "automaticaiming" aimbot cheat .. =)

The script I saw suggested for ArmaII was basically this:

player addeventhandler ["hit", {player setdammage 0}];
player addeventhandler ["dammaged", {player setdammage 0}];

Last time I used scripts were a long time ago because I've not played Arma/ArmaII in a LONG time.. last time I did I used the map editor.. but I'm not seeing anywhere to enter this script..

Thanks in advance... and by the way, I agree... it's always awesome when someone fixes their own problems.. I worked technical support for several years.. the best call was the kind when they rang me up, asked the question and then figured it out just by saying it out loud.. now I'm a programmer / linux admin so I don't deal much with support ;)

Re: Some oddness, and troubles setting it up ... Any assistance would be nice..

kodabar
Administrator
Adding scripts is a little tricky because you need to disassemble the pbo into its component scripts, then shoehorn in your script file, edit the others to accommodate it and bung it all back together.

However, there is an easier way if you just want some god mode and magically appearing items.

Loki's Lost Key (I have no idea why it's called that) is an addon that allows you to spawn in all manner of stuff and allows for god mode and quite a few other bizarre things as well. For instance, you can teleport, call in an extraction heli to bail you out, spawn ten billion vehicles on top of each other until your graphics card catches fire, go sky-diving and even create camps.

Go here to get the files. It's just a couple of pbos. You can either give them their own folder and add the appropriate -mod=@whatever to your shortcut or shove them in the Addons folder in the Operation Arrowhead program folder (which will require you to move them out of there before playing online, lest the servers object to your mighty powers of fuckingaroundishness)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6009

It does require the CBA addon in order to work. Download this, extract the three folders within, copy those folders to the OA program folder and add -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA to your shortcut.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Once you're up and running Lost Key is available from the main mousewheel menu. Selecting it brings up a screen of stuff. Select "Work" to get to most of the options you'd like. God mode, etc is under Magick off there.

I particularly like the extraction thing as it has problems with some terrain and the helis tend to smash into the hillside with a handy "Extraction team lost" message. AI bandits will fire on them as well, which is quite thrilling when you're on board. For extra yucks, you can try hijacking the extraction chopper yourself.

There also a certain amount of fun to be had by getting yourself some AI friends (visit a church in Electro or Cherno and they magically appear) and then summoning a helicopter and ordering them aboard. There's something rather jolly about cruising around at ten feet with a chopper full of mates. It is best to jump in first before telling them to board (F1, F2, mousewheel "Get in") as earlier, I told them to board before me and the buggers took off without me.