Server hosting with hamachi

mixxed177
so is it possible to host LAN session but using hamachi so people could join your server even if they aren't in your LAN but connected to you with hamachi?

Re: Server hosting with hamachi

Oxy Clean
Let me direct you over to what Kodabar has to say about LAN:

"kodabar26 September 2012 at 09:29
It's already possible to play DayZ over a LAN, but it's insanely complex to do and requires installing and running an SQL database. In the online multiplayer, the servers communicate with a central database (run by Rocket) which stores your inventory and location. So to play on a LAN, it's basically the same process as running a cracked server and involves running a central database in the same manner.

This is rather tricky to get going and if you're not familiar with running database servers and routing connections, then it's not worth trying. There are instructions out there on various sites explaining how it's done. None of the ones I've seen are particularly well-written or clear, but you can find them if you try.

Hopefully it might be possible in the future to run LAN play in a simple manner without having to run a database at the same time. Maybe Unknown will try that, but it's not likely that it's imminent. Note: I haven't actually discussed this with him, so I don't know his plans in this area, if indeed he has any."

In other words, it's extremely difficult to do, even if you have some basic knowledge about computers, networking, etc.

My friend and I have been poking around at it for the past week with no success, so I'm afraid to say that unless you are a networking god, you will probably have as much success as we have had. The next best thing I can do for you is direct you to the LAN help page on this forum:
http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/LAN-play-f1096.html

Cheers mate, best of luck.