[SOLVED]Map Editing

JorjJurno
This post was updated on .
Hi, I know the basics about mission editing in arma 2 but I cant seem to get the mission I want into the editor.
I want to add some more buildings to the DayZ Breaking Point SP map but when I extract the .pbo to a folder in the mpmissions folder it still doesn't show up in the editor.
The mission I want to edit can be found here:
http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/RELEASE-DayZ-BreakingPoint-1-7-6-1-Chernarus-2-0-UPDATED-29-04-td3034.html

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

JorjJurno
Don't worry I worked out what I was doing wrong.
Turns out I made the same mistake I always do when editing an arma mission xD I just put the mission in the wrong folder.

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

JorjJurno wrote
Don't worry I worked out what I was doing wrong.
Turns out I made the same mistake I always do when editing an arma mission xD I just put the mission in the wrong folder.

Hahah! I'm glad it worked out! :)

Have you seen the base I added? And if so, did you like it?

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

Blaze
JorjJurno wrote
Don't worry I worked out what I was doing wrong.
Turns out I made the same mistake I always do when editing an arma mission xD I just put the mission in the wrong folder.
Could you explain to me the process of editing Bp? I extracted the .PBO but know know what to do with the mission.sqm or where to go from there.

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

Blaze wrote
JorjJurno wrote
Don't worry I worked out what I was doing wrong.
Turns out I made the same mistake I always do when editing an arma mission xD I just put the mission in the wrong folder.
Could you explain to me the process of editing Bp? I extracted the .PBO but know know what to do with the mission.sqm or where to go from there.
Drag the whole folder to your BP shortcut, that's how I edit maps.

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

Blaze
This post was updated on .
Now when you say BP shortcut, are you speaking of the sp folder?

Never mind I figured out what you were saying. Thank you Bud :)

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

Blaze wrote
Now when you say BP shortcut, are you speaking of the sp folder?

Never mind I figured out what you were saying. Thank you Bud :)

I realize now that everyone launches the game differently. But I got a shortcut from my beta patch for each mod. That's the shortcut I meant. Drag the unzipped mission onto that icon. :)

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

starrfiveo
this may sound kind of stupid but i move the unzipped bp pbo on the the beta shortcut i have and it just moves the shortcut to a different spot and puts the folder in its old spot, like replaces it on the desktop, what exactly do you mean or could you possibly make a video on it?

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

starrfiveo wrote
this may sound kind of stupid but i move the unzipped bp pbo on the the beta shortcut i have and it just moves the shortcut to a different spot and puts the folder in its old spot, like replaces it on the desktop, what exactly do you mean or could you possibly make a video on it?

You could just launch the game and go to the editor and load it. But you gotta put it in your editing folder for that (not even sure where it's located). And I got shortcuts for each mod anyways, so it's really easy for me. And I pretty much always edit code aswell, so there's no point loading the map in ArmA.

What I meant was literally just drag the folder onto the shortcut. I can't see why it would just move your shortcut. Unless you haven't unpbo'd the mission.

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

starrfiveo
thanks i'll try to find the editing folder since the launcher thing doesn't work, also, do you know if i add the oil rig and the carrier if it will spawn loot?

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

starrfiveo
figured out where it is if you want to use the editor folder:      \/ add operation arrowhead?

 C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

Ray
starrfiveo wrote
figured out where it is if you want to use the editor folder:      \/ add operation arrowhead?

 C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions
Extracting the folder there should give you the ability to edit the mission through the in-game editor.

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

starrfiveo
i also have this other error in which i will post either screenshots or a video to involving the "secret" 3D edit in which i cant load missions nor save them because when i g to groups or the missions i want to load are just black there

Re: [SOLVED]Map Editing

starrfiveo
forgot to post the screenshot but i will get it up today