SCUM

Eric the Viking
If you're looking for a DayZ style game that isn't DayZ then you might like to check out SCUM. The game is recently out in Early Access and although there's much to do there's still a playable game here, essentially a MP/SP survival game featuring all the mechanics we've come to expect.

If you have played any of the games that evolved from A2 DayZ mod (Epoch, SA, Exile, the list goes on) then you'll probably see the similarities yourself and it will be interesting to see how the planned story plays out as the game develops.

I've been playing the single player mode and it has been a fantastic experience thus far. I really have tried to avoid early access games because your progress can be wiped at any time and you can become jaded by the time there's a final product but I couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon here.

The survival aspect (ie, food and water) are well tuned - it's not enough to merely eat; you need a balanced diet to make sure you're getting all the vitamins & minerals you need. The crafting menu is great from your first stone knife to creating a backpack or making ammunition.

The zombies are terrifying. They can be avoided for the most part and you need to get within 30 meters for them to visually notice you - assuming you are making no noise. They will hear foot steps and the sound created by looting containers. They aren't too hard to kill, head shots will drop them quickly but the sound of a gunshot will alert all zombies in range...

Be sure to check out the system specs; x64, Quad-core & DirectX 11 are the minimum.

Check out either Youtube or your fave Twitch streamer for game play videos.

Re: SCUM

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SCUM

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Was checking about platforms and it seems that they will put it on consoles as well.
Hmm, not sure where you read that. Last I read they (the Devs) have stated they will consider a console version once the PC version has shipped. So it might happen or it might not.

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Any thoughts on DayZ Standalone for Xbox?
No. This is a thread about a PC game called Scum. It's not about a different game on a different platform.

However this game does have many of the same mechanics as SA and in fact seems to "borrow" a little bit from all the survival games from, and including, A2 DayZ mod to the present day, representing an accumulation of the entire survival genre up to this point.

But that is the SP experience, at least for me. There is a story planned and a goal to achieve but that's all to come.

*

The last couple of patches have fixed parts of the SP game so now your stuff (in a box) and your "Fame Points" are maintained when you exit the game.

The last picture is my base of operations. You might be able to see the shelter I have built (where I can respawn when I die) and there's a storage box in the small shed.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SCUM

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Perhaps. Think they will.
If the PC release goes well then yes, we are more likely to see a console release of Scum.

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Devs. normally don't throwing statements
There isn't any "statement" from the Devs. There's only a "maybe" on Twitter. And given a comment made on Steam from one of the Devs regarding "console pheasants" it's not even a firm "maybe".

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Did read that you can't play any of the new survival games offline on PC. But you can on consoles.
I think you may need to reevaluate your source of information Rachel because this simply isn't true. The PC releases of Ark, Conan Exiles and Scum all have offline single player modes. Even DayZ SA had (briefly) an offline mode.

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
And the DayZ Standalone

<snip!>
I have no idea what any of that means because it's irrelevant and off topic.

Let me repeat what I've already said: this thread isn't about DayZ SA on consoles. Would you kindly stay on topic?

The topic of consoles, PC games ported to them and how they ruin PC gaming is an interesting topic for sure - but it doesn't belong here.