Revisting Real Survival pack mod ...

benevolentdevil
Rachel, just a bit of info ...

I changed some values in the  mission file, init.sqf of a mission I had Real Survive Pack enabled on, and ...
at least the food/hunger ICON started working!!!!
---------------------------------
ASP_Food_Delay = 1; / / minutes
publicVariable "ASP_Food_Delay";
ASP_Water_Delay = 1; / / minutes
publicVariable "ASP_Water_Delay";
ASP_Animal_Delay = 30; / / seconds
publicVariable "ASP_Animal_Delay";
ASP_Garbage_Delay = 60; / / seconds
publicVariable "ASP_Garbage_Delay";
ASP_Debug = true; / / On | Off Debug mode
publicVariable "ASP_Debug";
ASP_Enabled = Enable; / / Disable | Enable Survive pack
publicVariable "ASP_Enabled";

 The Icon changes from light green, to dark green, to orange/brown , then flashes ... after it flashes if you don't eat, you will pass out for a while ... lol.

 So far, I have not noticed the "water/drink ICON make any changes ... but , at least one is working and gives some indication you need to eat , and a smart person would also drink to keep them about equal just in case.

 Running full speed a lot , in the daytime "drains" the food faster, than say walking in the day , or sitting still, .. night time seems to "drain" a tad slower ...  I assume it's trying to simulate exertion/energy use by that.
But while this is not big "news" ... I thought it was at least some improvement ... half the icons visibly doing something, and of course long term effects actually effecting the character being played.

Re: Revisting Real Survival pack mod ...

benevolentdevil
 I'm such a dummy ... figured out "why" only one icon "worked" ... and now there's a debug thingy if desired ...

 the code was written poorly by the designer ...  the first "//comment" line in the script, negated everything that followed after it ...
Took me a minute to realize that was happening ...

I removed the comments, and it worked!

 will post screenshot after I finish testing it.

-------------------------------
ASP_Food_Delay = 1;
publicVariable "ASP_Food_Delay";
ASP_Water_Delay = 1;
publicVariable "ASP_Water_Delay";
ASP_Animal_Delay = 30;
publicVariable "ASP_Animal_Delay";
ASP_Garbage_Delay = 60;
publicVariable "ASP_Garbage_Delay";
ASP_Debug = true;
publicVariable "ASP_Debug";
ASP_Enabled = Enable;
publicVariable "ASP_Enabled";

Re: Revisting Real Survival pack mod ...

benevolentdevil

Re: Revisting Real Survival pack mod ...

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Revisting Real Survival pack mod ...

benevolentdevil
You mean upload the mod/addon with changes?  ------ I didn't change anything inside the Mod, all my changes were in the mission scripts.
I might be able to upload a grab and drop in init.sqf file ... but all anyone has to do is make a init.sqf file in the mission files , copy paste what I posted to use, save it and it will work.

I couldn't upload to Armaholic a changed mod , I did however leave info on the mod download comments , and forum pages for it on Armaholic how to use the init.sqf script properly.
 I can't add or upload to armaholic, because I don't have the Authors permission , and he doesn't answer ( lost to time it seems.)

 I am thinking on a working, ready to use example mission showing how it all works , and what's possible I know how to do so far.
 All someone would have to do is copy/paste that Init.sqf and put it in thier mission before packing into PBO too.

 ----------------------

If anyone is curious ... when you open the editor to make a "mission" , the mission.sqf, or .sqm file will just be what units/vehicles/objects , ect that you placed.
 It will copy any code/script placed in any unit/object "initField" of that object ... but those only "run" for that specific object.
( That sounds complex, but isn't really.)
 Missions need more files before being packed into .pbo ( PBO ) usually.  Init.sqf is a file that starts up many scripts and varibles , when it loads in.  It's global ( unless you specify it not to be in the scripts. )
  This way, you don't have to keep putting one script in the Init field of every unit , the mission init.sqf will work for all units off one script .
 I simplified that , but thats the basics of it.

 Breifing.sqf file ... Breifing file does some other things, it is the starting type of game, allows for notes, hints, and things you'd read ( like mission briefings) on the map screen.
I think breifing.sqf also is what loads up any custom settings, and custom loading screens for the mission as well.  I'm not a breifing sqf expert.
Description.sqf file ... sets the type of game mode, handles respawn for multi-player/JIP modes , and other extras like setting terrain settings, custom color filters, and starts any dynamic weather o rstarting time/weather you put in the mission.  More important for multiplayer , so everything syncs together when someone joins , than it is for single player missions.

  Any script files from there ...  what I call "external" , like if you for instance scripted your own random loot generation ...
 Then either in the init.sqf you'd call the "external script" , something like :
 []execVM "myrandomsawnscript.sqf";  ... or in the init field of a player, or trigger, or object. ( again I greatly simplified the example just to get a point across. )
 "external scripts" have to be called ... they can be Organized into folders , which just like any directory needs to be called properly by where they are located.
 The above example , let's say we put "myrandomspawnscript.sqf" in a folder called "MyScripts" ...
Then you' d call the script to run, by saying -
[]execVM "MyScripts/myrandomspawnscript.sqf" ; in what ever init applies.

 It'd probably be better, to watch some youtube tutorials on all the above, lol rather than read my typing and try to get it.  That show I started learning how to make missions from scratch myself.  I'm no expert, just kinda know some basics and bare minimal knowledge there.

 Making a init.sqf , and adding to one/editing is probably the most important script to add to your mission.

Re: Revisting Real Survival pack mod ...

benevolentdevil
Rachel, I'll put together a working mission example , nothing but RSP addon and CBA ( RSP has to have CBA running too.) , everything else default Arma2OA  ...

 and when i put it for download , it will have the packed .pbo ready to go, and I'll leave the unpacked files so you can see where I put the above variables.

It'll take me a couple of days to make it and get it uploaded though.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

benevolentdevil
Done, look in Tutorial section