Request

Tommygun9504
I'm honestly not sure if you're the developer, nor am I sure if you have a line of contact with the developer, so I'll leave this here and see what gets done :3

I'd like to request that this becomes compatible with the DayZ Planet maps, becomes LAN ready, and has things like the cheat console and streetlights as an optional parameter.

If you're the place to come, good :)

If not, do you know where I should go?

Re: Request

Niceonegunit
Yes, you've come to the right place.

I'm not a developer, or at least, not officially. I do work on this a little bit while Unknown is away doing his things.

Now, I wouldn't have the slightest clue what 'DayZ Planet' is. Google search yields nothing.
There is a LAN version, but it is not a stable release by ANY means.

I fixed a few things and added bandits and tents and the such but it's still very unstable.

Cheat Menus do not work in Coop/Multiplayer/LAN. Each player is not given a radio and thus cannot use the menus. Unsure about the streetlights but I assume they don't work.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Request

kodabar
Administrator
The streetlights do work in 042c but you can't control them. They're just on when it's dark..

Re: Request

Tommygun9504
"DayZ Planet" is a group that is funded by ViLayer, they have made stable online releases for a number of maps, as well as host an official unofficial hive for each hosted map.  I suppose what I meant to say was all the maps available from the DayZ Commander program, I guarantee a google search will find it this time, if you're not already familiar :)

If you, by any chance, decide to move forward with my idea, it's worth checking DayZ Commander regularly, since MANY maps are in development.

Re: Request

fedus_87
Administrator
this does have all the maps available on dayz commander atm and about 15 more lol not all complete of course but they are there

Re: Request

DayZ_SP
fedus_87 wrote
this does have all the maps available on dayz commander atm and about 15 more lol not all complete of course but they are there
Deploying "DayZ" on any ArmA 2 map is pretty straight-forward.

I will give Rocket credit where credit is due because while he made modifying SP a nightmare... Implementing DayZ MP onto a custom map couldn't be easier because 95% of the work is done by the mod (server side), so the map file (mission.sqm) doesn't require massive reworking to get it to work.

All you have to know are the basic modules (and the corresponding initialization strings) you have to place on the map in the editor and the rest of the mod does everything for you because it knows what to look for and spawns things accordingly. That includes Zombies, loot, wrecks, etc. And since it is an MP mod, players do the rest.

Deploying current DaiyZ SP on any map is almost the same process except it takes a little more work because of the added functions Unknown, Niceonegunit and Zed Hunter added that require more triggers be placed around towns and in the hills... But it's still the same basic concept of knowing what needs to be added to the mission.sqm (map) and just making sure all the right files (scripts) are present when you compile the map in the editor.