Request for Unknown, Zed Hunter

DayZ_SP
I have a rather simple request... Then again, maybe not depending on how much work is involved:

Could you make a special version of the DayZ_code.pbo that REMOVES the random player spawns?

I would like to be able to set up static insertions like Halo drops, Helo insertions, water insertions via Zodiac, etc. I currently can't set up these kind of insertions because of the random player spawning DayZ uses that doesn't allow for scripting, or vehicles of any kind.

This request will limit insertion options to a fixed location (wherever mission makers want), but for a true SP experience I think this will provide more freedom, ironically because then we can set up more dramatic insertions that are not possible right now with the current spawn system.

This would also allow us to add AI Survivors along with the player to make an insertion team (think Zed Hunter Search & Rescue!) just like standard ArmA 2 does, as well as set up scripted and dynamic extraction scenarios, too.

Thank you, for considering my request

Re: Request for Unknown, Zed Hunter

Pierry
Thumbs up. Looks like pretty cool idea!

Re: Request for Unknown, Zed Hunter

Niceonegunit
This is indeed an interesting concept.

However, this likely won't be included in SP. It would make sense for LAN though.

The only map that has one spawn point is Takistan, which is the lower airfield.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)