Refining my DaiZy experience.

Havoc
Hey there,

I'm fairly new to the DayZ gaming, I really enjoyed Arma2 a while back, I got into DayZ a bit but then noticed that a mix of Battlefield and L4D isn't my thing.
DayZ SP turned out to be much more fun than MP, but I still have some issues with it that turn me off, and I'd like to know if I can change some of them.

Zombies: I really hate the DayZ zombies, I don't subscribe to the "runners" theory in general, just seems inplausible that a rotting corpse can put that much strain on tissue that is partially eaten by bacteria and worms. I understand that the only way to make them annoying in an open world like Arma2 was to make them fast, since slow hordes only really work in closed environments.
Still, they add nothing to the game but annoyance, in MP they give away positions of players by just spawning or following them. They can be lost in any building with 2 exits and outsmarted by bushes, they do nothing for me.
They follow the player and make really annoying noises the entire time, especially in Breaking Point which I think ripped the zombie sounds from Dead Island I believe.

My question is:
Is there a way to heavily reduce Zombie spawns, or better even, make them Passive towards the player(like they are towards the NPCs). Sure it's nice to have them add to the Zombie Apoc ambience, have them wander the towns, but they add nothing else to the game for me.

And the second part:
Can I increase the amount of Bandits/Survivor spawns, especially groups of survivors. I like hunting them.
Bandits don't group up obviously since they engage each other, but the biggest group I found was in Factions 1.3, where I met 3 survivors which engaged me on my way to the NE Airfield. Once.
In 1.5 I was gunned down by 3 bandits before getting to the first settlement, with no way to defend myself since you no longer spawn with a gun. On another spawn I got mixed up in a firefight among 6 different NPCs that all spawned at the border of cherno. That was nice.
In Breaking Point SP I hardly ever find any NPCs.
Or am I just never getting to the right locations?

Are there any ways I can adjust those factors?

BTW, both in Factions and Breaking Point SP, whenever I use a vehicle to get to a location, absolutely 0 loot spawns. Drove with a Motorcycle to a crossing with a Mall and Office, both were absolutely clean and empty. Is that a general DaiZy bug?

All help is appreciated.
Cheers~

Re: Refining my DaiZy experience.

Hi there,

If the Zeds annoy you too much, you can set them to walk rather than running. (Here's a tutorial; set their speed to 2 instead of 6)

If you want to add more survivors, you can decompress the mission file into 'my documents/arma2/missions '(use pbo-manager) and open it in the editor. All you have to do is copy/paste some of the triggers on the map (the ones saying something like "dosomething_survivors" in the description). Save it, make a new pbo file and put it in your OA missions folder.

As for the loot spawn delay, there isn't much I can do : DayZ is set so that vehicles don't trigger loot to spawn (this is to save performance), plus your computer is running a lot of scripts - including those usually running server-side, so it may take a couple of minutes in some situations.

Re: Refining my DaiZy experience.

Havoc
Hey,

Thanks a lot. I've now adjusted the Zeds to a comfortable speed for ambient effect rather than distraction.
I've also had quite a few more bandits spawn in the next time I played, maybe I was just inpatient.
And I simply scout settlements on foot now to get loot to spawn.

I've run into a problem however, I got stuck in the A110 that is crashed north of Electro and had to revert to an earlier state, at this point the UI broke a bit, tiny empty icons of the thirst and food indicators appeared next to the real ones, and the blood indicator got stuck with the "bleeding" cross. Also all bandits and survivors stopped spawning. Is that a common problem with loading saved games?

To fix the UI goto game options after loading the save. Makr sure they load up before you do it though. Simply goto game options and press ok. And bandits should still spawn properly.

Re: Refining my DaiZy experience.

Havoc
Options didn't fix the UI, even tried changing the size of it.
This only happens with BreakingPointSP though. Factions saves and loads totally fine.

It's beacause I think Haleks fixed the UI bug. And it does work on BP SP, you must be doing it wrong.

Re: Refining my DaiZy experience.

Havoc
This post was updated on .
Yea it turns out I was doing it wrong. I always only went into options.

And it just seems I have incredibly bad luck with Bandit Spawns.

Can someone explain to me how the Spawns work? Do every bandit spawn only once or do they respawn after some time? Because it feels like I just kill everybody in the world. Once I geared up and reached NW Airfield in Factions I killed the two bandits that spawned there, and never seen a single Bandit again. I took the VTOL and pilfered every larger village on the map, in about 2 hours I did not manage to find a single bandit or survivor.

In BP I got a Truck in Solnichiny and made a round trip through Electro and Cherno up to the NWAF without encountering a single Bandit. Am I doing it wrong(again)?

EDIT: NVM I finally figured out how to edit the map @_@

[...]

The bandits spawn when you enter a trigger. Simply create more triggers for more bandits.