Radio?

Mr. 'funny'
Anyone ever come across a radio yet? I know when I spawn I start with a radio that is visible when I press 'M' to access my map page, although the radio disappears upon reloading. Please don't send me the DayZwiki link and tell me that this is a hoax.  I just wanna know if I am actually able to find one.

Re: Radio?

Telesterion
I don't think Radios are a legit spawn item, I've heard of other players finding them before but I imagine it's probably just unwanted hacked equipment.

DaiZy SP mission gives you one though to access le cheat menu, I think that's the only reason for it. If you found it online though I'd probably leave it just to be safe. Not like it's exactly useful xD

Re: Radio?

Mr. 'funny'
lol fair enough, searching for invisible items gives the game an entirely new purpose, I must say.

Re: Radio?

kodabar
Administrator
Yeah, the radio is a "hacked-in" item. It's not useful.

I actually found one in multiplayer yesterday... on the body of a hacker I killed along with his G36C SD and other hacked kit. I didn't pick it up.

Re: Radio?

Mr. 'funny'
Darn. Even if it wasn't useful it would have completed my tool belt. Oh well! I have to say, who ever spent the time to create such an elaborate hoax, I take my hat off to you. That number station/ Morse code idea was really cleaver. Thanks for the info guys.

Re: Radio?

Mr. 'funny'
clever*****

Re: Radio?

Niceonegunit
Oh crap, funny has a cleaver!

Run for your life!
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Radio?

Mr. 'funny'
Keep that hatchet close lol whoop whoop!