Porting to Thirsk

lenaric
Been messing around with getting standard daizy on thirsk. Im without stable internet and its always interested me to learn more about customizing my own release.

I'm having a few problems. When I change the mission files name to "daizy.Thirsk" the spawns work fine without edits. As soon as I unpack and edit anything (was wanting to add self blood bag or Fred's wardrobe as an example to myself) I end up spawning in the center of Thirsk city. After some hours of messing around I found it was exactly where the default camera is in the mp editor.

Now im wondering is it because im using pbo manager? Or am I messing something up repacking the files? I know its not the edit itself because I was able to replicate the problem by just unpacking and repacking the files.

Am I just missing something here? I feel like there is an obvious solution but im not finding it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Porting to Thirsk

lenaric
Appears it was pbo manager. Got elitness and wow what a better program. Was able to make edits, repack and have it still work correctly.

Learned that derap was needed for the mission.sqf file to open correctly in notepad++.

Looking like I got over that bump. Now to figure out how to properly setup the weather and time values so it's not near dusk on initial spawn.

Also got a question about adding vehicles. Do I add these things to a new mission file then merge with the existing one? Editing and saving it within the 2D editor seems to rewrite the .sqf and break it.

I'm going to keep at this. Ive had so much fun these last few days learning about all this.

Re: Porting to Thirsk

lenaric
Also I'm not able to get the ai bandits to spawn. Don't know what's causing this issue. Going to need to test more to make sure but after leaving myself afk on top of a fire station  while cleaning the house I didnt have a single one spawn in.

Would like to use a different ai package anyway sense the default one seems fairly simple.