Playing on Arma 3 ?

Kooppers
Hi,

I never really played Dayz, so i wanted to test this out using some singleplayer DaiZy releases.
However i would like to play using Arma3. I also own arma2 / arma2OA.
The fact is that i was only able to find some really old posts/entries about using AllinArma to play dayzy in Arma3 using some .bat file to start it.
However trying with some of the latest releases in the forum "Unofficial DaiZy releases", as per dayz 2018, i'm just not able to have them working, always getting some cba_a3 errors leading in not being able to load the mission (don't remember the messages about missing downloadble content, as i'm not currently at home).

So if some of you, are playing within Arma3, i would appreciate a quick howto.

Regards.

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Haleks
I never tried AiA so far, so I'm afraid I can't help regarding that method.

However, I found out that, after the latest updates, I can (finally!) run A3 pretty smoothly. Once I'm done with the next updates for Factions & 2018, I might start working on a proper mod for A3 (not just a port), using the new assets. I would be something similar to 2018 on Altis.
I don't know yet what form exactly it will have, or if I'll keep using some of the DayZ assets (zeds, loot spawn system), but I'm playing with the idea. ;)

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Kooppers
Sounds as some exciting news.
However i find Altis not that appropriate for some zombie mod, because not that immersive for such gameplay.
Chernarus is quite fine, and fortunately "Alduric" ported lots of maps on Arma3 with its ArmA 3 Map Pack - @A3MP

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Haleks
Ok. I give up on A3 : way too many crashes. I can't play it more than 10 minutes or so - even when walking around alone in editor mod.
The more I try to play it, the more I think BIS made an awfull job on this game...
It's a shame really, A3 have some interesting assets, but it is so unstable that it becomes fucking ridiculous...

Maybe it will become actually playable for everyone - if we wait another year - but until then, I ain't loosing my time on this. :/

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Haleks
Finally managed to get A3 to work!
I've started creating a new post-apo/survival mod from scratch, using only A3 assets!

It won't be a port of any already existing mod, but something completely new.
I already have a hunger/thirst system working as well as a loot spawn system.

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Haleks
Wich is what I'm doing! ;)

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Playing on Arma 3 ?

Haleks
Thanks man!

It's a lot of work (a lot more than I expected), but it is going on nicely so far.
And man it is nice to work on Arma 3 for a change : mission making is so much smoother compared to Arma 2!

I've finished the vehicles repair/refuel system, and I'm setting the last details on a custom radiation system I've been working on.

I won't say too much about all this right now - essentially because ideas are popping up every day (it's all on a fresh idea I had last week), but if I had to describe it in few words, I'd say that the general feeling/atmosphere will be somewhere between Fallout and Terminator Salvation...

Anyway, back at it now!