Origins Standalone?

benevolentdevil
  I seen on a somewhat older video, a guy talking about Origins was making a standalone ... Pandemik or something like that.  Is it still in the works?

Re: Origins Standalone?

Eric the Viking

Re: Origins Standalone?

benevolentdevil
I'm a bit reluctant to watch psi-syn's review ...
He is flat out annoying to listen to.

 I seen the other stuff though, looks to be good if they go ahead and finish it.

 Between that and the new Metro , all my free time might get ate up.

Re: Origins Standalone?

Eric the Viking
Not sure what you mean by annoying (not that I'm fan of his either) but he does raise some valid points.

The game is in a pre-alpha state at the moment and has a very long way to go judging by the trailer.

Re: Origins Standalone?

benevolentdevil
Normally he's a rattle-mouth , like over-amped A.D.D. , or on some sort of meth ...
 I have watched some of his "RP" vids for DayZ mods and Standalone ... and other things like Mod reviews , he usually is just annoying in talking 100 miles a minute , and jumping from this subject to that way to rapidly.

 I watched what he said of course ( after posting) on the Origins standalone ...

 I agree with you , there looks like it has long ways to go.  I just hope they get it playable, and at least half the expected content ... it goes that far, might even be great still.  I just don't want yet another ... "well,  we are dumping the project, sorry to get your hopes up" ... thing.

 I really dislike Taviana , but would put up with it for the standalone version.

Re: Origins Standalone?

Eric the Viking
benevolentdevil wrote
 I really dislike Taviana , but would put up with it for the standalone version.
I understand what you mean. For me it has many areas of beauty but traveling between these points is frustrating due to the mountains which dominate both islands.

And then there's the bridge. It, in of itself, is a work of beauty - but it's a monumental annoyance that it's the only crossing for the two islands.

Version 3 of this map adds some more land mass but the frustrations remain, what we really need is more roads to help ease the way we move around the island.