No mans land?

Bacon Pig
need help! i spawn in no mans land with no gear at all, and in third person i am invisible, and there is just hills and trees for miles, as well as no map, please help?!!?

Re: No mans land?

kodabar
Administrator
Do you have the beta patch installed? That's the usual cause of this.
http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

If you need further help, try to give us more details:
Are you using the 'default' version or is it one you got from these forums?
Are you able to play DayZ online?
From where did you get your games? (Steam, retail, BI, Amazon, etc)
etc, etc...

Re: No mans land?

Bacon Pig
well i i have the retail version, and i got dayz SP of this forum, but i dont have the MP dayz installed, i just got the addons from the mod off my friend

Re: No mans land?

kodabar
Administrator
Yikes. Well that's the near perfect storm of everything that could be wrong.

Before you even start to install our single player mods, you need to be sure of several things.

1. Install ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead
2. Run both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead (just to the main menu and quit)
3. Fully update ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead
4. Install the beta patch

The Steam version is fully updated already, so you only need to run the games and install the beta patch. With the retail version, you are definitely not up to date and you need to install at least two updates, one of them pretty large.

I wrote a guide to updating your games and installing multiplayer DayZ. I suggest you follow that. It contains links to the updates needed:
http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

Then, and only then, should you install the single player mod.

Re: No mans land?

Bacon Pig
ok, cheers :)

Re: No mans land?

MickelJacson
this is a fix that works and if done correctly will solve your save problem
FSL:

Re: No mans land?

deathcrow89
i posted earlier and didnt see this looks like i may have had the same issue going to try this and see if it fixes things.

Re: No mans land?

deathcrow89
after trying the beta patch it changed daizy to what it should be but still no zombie or items. only survivors.