MCC Sandbox and Daizy

dave616
Whenever I try to use MCC Sandbox in any of the SP variants it wont let me log in.  Does anyone know how I can use it ?

I think it looks at the user profile name and doesn't like that I have a different name to that every time I spawn 'in-game' so to speak.  They don't match so it wont let the user log in.

Re: MCC Sandbox and Daizy

kodabar
Administrator
I've never tried this before, so I thought I'd have a go. I installed the MCC Sandbox 2 MOD version:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15546

As I loaded up the mission, it displayed a box in the top right saying it was synchronising with the server. I thought that most odd as there's no server to sync with. But its progress bar grew bigger and it finished, saying it was synced up.

I pulled up the control from the action (mousewheel/square brackets) menu. Quite a nice slick interface. Everything I tried failed. It generated an "Access denied" message. I then spotted the "login" button and pressed it. The button greyed out and the "logout" button became available, so I guess it logged in - though to where it thinks it logged in I have no idea. But everything still prompted the "Access denied" message.

So after this short try, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work and won't work. I'm guessing that it works by accessing the server and modifying the mission file on the fly, so that won't work in single player as there's no real server for it to log into.

Re: MCC Sandbox and Daizy

dave616
I tried both the mod and mission version, too - both without success.  And as the dev has given up supporting the Arma2 version I doubt there will be a patch!

Thanks Kodabar.

Re: MCC Sandbox and Daizy

kodabar
Administrator
It's a bit of a shame as it looks like an excellent tool (I'm going to try it out when I'm next hosting some OA missions online).

Sadly, I think even if it did work, it wouldn't work as intended - Rocket made some 'interesting' choices when programming DayZ which cause us no end of headaches (for example, zombies are classed as 'civilian' units). This is why spawning troops using Lost Key doesn't work properly - they completely ignore zombies.