Increase difficulty in DaiZy2018

xHank90x
Hey Guys!

I hope anybody can help me. After searching for a solution i found nothing that can help me.

So my question is:

-How can i increase the damage that a zed inflicts the player/ai in daizy2018? So, is there any way to make them "stronger" or more "dangerous"

- Is it possible to increase the amount of zombies on the map or increase the spawn ratio?? If yes, how??

Finally

- How can i make the zeds slower like in walking dead and is it possible to customize the zeds that they only dies with headshots?

Thanks in advance and thx for this forum/Sp Daizy and everything :) i´m really enjoying these SP Mods! So, good job !

PS: sry for my bad grammar :D i´m from germany...

Re: Increase difficulty in DaiZy2018

Eric the Viking
Hi xHank90x :)

To increase zombie damage there's an interesting thread over at OpenDayz here that I think will help. From memory, the "fn_damagehandler.sqf" file is in the "compiles" directory of dayz_code.pbo.

As for the number of zeds, I'm sure there is a way to do this by editing "building_spawnZombies.sqf" - my guess is this reference => _rnd = random 1 <= but I wouldn't make it higher than 3

I'm not sure if it exists in DaiZy 2018 but in Epoch there was a setting in the init.sqf file (the one in the mission/map file) which had a line:

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 30; // Default = 30

This was a global setting (there was also a max world value) so it applied everywhere in the game world. Might be worth having a look through the files for something like that.

Walking zeds: depends on the version / mod of Dayz you're playing but in dayz_code.pbo;

In the Compiles folder, open control_zombieAgent.sqf and search for "forcespeed" - make these equal "2"

In the System folder, open zombie_agent.sqf and search for "forcespeed" - make these equal "2"

ie; forceSpeed 10 becomes forceSpeed 2

Cheers,

Eric

Re: Increase difficulty in DaiZy2018

xHank90x
Thank you very much mate!

which program do u recommend for opening the files? is notepad ++ ok for that?

Re: Increase difficulty in DaiZy2018

Eric the Viking
Yeah, Notepad ++ is fine and what I think many people use.

You'll also need an unpack/repack tool to handle the .pbo files if you don't already have one - I use PBO Manager but it's a matter of preference.