I would like to learn!

lenny
Hi @ all !

I found this nice project. Now my question; how i can learn to produce SP-DayZ. For Example: Epoch Napf?

My only experiance is to add scripts (only basic knowledge). What do I have to do to create DayZ-SP-Versions?

Does anybody have information for me which steps are important for me to learn how it works?  I need only important points; not a complete Tutorial. I really want to learn! For better learning I am always ready to assist somebody and i could take easy tasks.

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for helping me!

Thx,
Lenny

Personal contact: propria-causa@gmx.de

Re: I would like to learn!

Hi lenny!

There's no easy answer to that, there's many versions of dayz and each one will most likely require its own fixes.

With the latest vanilla versions for instance, you won't be able to do much without unlocking the SP button again, wich requires some config knowledge. The FSM file handling the player spawn will also prevent you from playing solo, so you'll have to figure out how to edit it.
And from there the real work begins : you will spend days (weeks, months!) testing it, looking for broken mechanics (there will be plenty!), stress-testing others that usually depends on the server or weren't designed to be saved & reloaded. That alone will be the most time-consuming task; the placing of IAs and vehicles isn't so hard, eventhough there are some limitations you have to work with.

The whole process is extremely complex, empirical and different depending on the version you work on - so don't expect to find any tutorials on that. The best way to learn is to take (a lot of) time to look into an already existing SP release, compare it with the vanilla version and see what was edited. You could try with a simple one like DaiZy+_v[Rz0].

Last but not least, you should spend as much time as you can on Armaholic or the BIforums : there isn't a single technical question that hasn't been brought up there. Make yourself a collection of tutorials and read them carefully, even if they do not seem directly related to what you are looking for - it will always be usefull! You might also find usefull tips on opendayz.net, it's probably the best source for dayz-related stuff.

Don't hesitate to throw questions here; if I have come across the same problem or have time for it, I might be able to help, or at least point you to the right direction. ;)

Re: I would like to learn!

beanZ
Hi Lenny,
what exactly do you want to do? I would advise you first to start with the normal DayZ before you try Epoch. And then step by step.Overnight, which is probably nothing. I would wait until the first Epoch SP mod is out and I try it.

Hallo Lenny,
was genau willst du den machen? Ich würde dir raten erstmal mit den normalen DayZ anzufangen bevor du Epoch versuchst. Und dann Schritt für Schritt. Von heute auf morgen wird das wohl nichts. Ich würde warten bis der erste Epoch SP Mod raus ist und mich daran versuchen.

Re: I would like to learn!

lenny
Hi !

Thanks for the answers!

@ beanZ: It's clear to me that i can`t learn these capabilities overnight. (Danke für die Übersetzung; im Formulieren bin ich grottig - aber im Verstehen bin ich ganz gut! Wenn Du also englische Tutorials hast, immer her damit!)

@ Haleks: I can make a start with this evidence!

First i learn to "unlocking the SP-button"; next is "FSM file handling" (i must find something out about that!).

I comaire with a simple example, like "DaiZy+_v[Rz0]"?

O.K. - i will try. See you later;  in a few months! ;-)

@ all! You have more Infos for me? Please send me an e-mail to propria-causa@gmx.de

THX!
Lenny