How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
I am wanting to make a base in DaiZy 1.7.7.1 Factions but i don't want to have to make it within the game building system because of how long it takes and wont look as good. How can I edit the map to create my own base?

Also if i do it is there a way to not make any zombies spawn there

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
Does anyone know how?

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
can someone please help me with this

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

Snuggly Overlord
Ok, sure.

First you need to add the mission you want to edit to the editor: To do this, just move the mission file that came with the misson this would be found in the single player missions folder in your arma 2 directory.

Copy this, move it to User/yourname/documents/Arma 2/Missions and place it in there (I may have missed a step, but I am at School and do not have access to Arma 2.

Then you go into the game, then the editor, than load, then the name of the mission in which you placed in the mission folder.

Then, you will be done to edit (just ask if you need help in the editor, as it is tricky for some.

Again, if I have forgotten any steps, I will edit this when I get home later.

Thanks

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
Hi there instructions are not that clear could you maybe make a video or some pictures? Thanks

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

Snuggly Overlord
Sorry about that, was tired and in Math, so my Engrish was not the best.

Basically, first you need to import mission ( mission being the mission you want to edit) to editor As This Describes

Then go into game, then editor, then select load, the map its on, and lastly the file name

Hope I linked that correctly

Thanks

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
i dont have a missions folder in my documents/arma 2

do i make one? also do i need to extract the map? with a pbo manager?

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

Snuggly Overlord
You will need a De PBO to, well, De PBO the mission file, the mission file would be located in your Arma 2 OA Directory, under missions.

De PBO it, then copy that folder to your Documents folder, it should all be in the link I gave you
Just say if you need anymore help, sorry for being hard to understand.

Thanks

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
This post was updated on .
Ok so i got to the point where i can choose the mission to edit then this happens.

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

Snuggly Overlord
You need to run daizy while editing it

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
right also can i edit in 3d editor?

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

Snuggly Overlord
Dont (unless you know how to use it), it is quite annoying

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

jst2fst
alright i have one more question now that im able to edit how do i add buildings?

Re: How to add camps/ bases to maps?

richg67
jst2fst wrote
...how do i add buildings?
You're asking how to use the editor...that's a bit much to go over in this thread. Time for school.

Start here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDnfp6aWxw