Heli lifter

jst2fst
I am wanting to use a addon that lets me lift vehicles with a helicopter i have tried
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9060&highlight=LIFT

But i was not able to get it to work using the modfolder method.

does anyone know how to get it to work or any other helicopter lifting addons?

also does anyone know of a addon/script that lets you tow cars with other cars?

Re: Heli lifter

Ray
jst2fst wrote
I am wanting to use a addon that lets me lift vehicles with a helicopter i have tried
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9060&highlight=LIFT

But i was not able to get it to work using the modfolder method.

does anyone know how to get it to work or any other helicopter lifting addons?

also does anyone know of a addon/script that lets you tow cars with other cars?

Well, if it uses Community Based Addons (CBA) Then install the latest version of that. Then, download the mod, Create a folder called @Lifter or such, then create a sub-folder in @Lifter > @Lifter/Addons.
After that move the .pbo files you get with the Lifter mod into the Addons folder, and after that. Launch the game with -mod=@Lifter

I know that the ACE mod has towing ropes, which you can tow cars, or tow cars with a heli. ACE makes DaiZy alot better imo, if you add ACE medical stuff and some items into the loot table. Then you can find those ropes at lets say industrial areas, for example.

Re: Heli lifter

jst2fst
i did exactly what you said and it still will not work.
would you be able to try it on your daiyz and see if you can get it to work?

Thanks

Re: Heli lifter

kodabar
Administrator
I had a quick look at this. It's probably not going to work.

I made an @Lifter folder in my OA program folder and add -mod=@Lifter to a shortcut. It didn't work. I put the files directly in the Addons folder (inside the OA folder) and it didn't work.

Then I looked up the video made by the author. Ah, it's about adding it to the map in the editor. So it's actually used as an object when designing levels. You can't just load it in alongside an existing mod. Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4bYC23R7c

Re: Heli lifter

You could actually open my Panthera mission with any PBO manager program, and then take the lifter files there. After that you wanna go to the init.sqf and take the line for lifting with helicopters.

It might be slim instructions, but post back if you need more help.

Re: Heli lifter

jst2fst
sorry im a complete noob with any arma modding files :P

Re: Heli lifter

Ray
jst2fst wrote
sorry im a complete noob with any arma modding files :P
You dont need any knowledge to unpack and repack .pbo files. Try it

Re: Heli lifter

Eric the Viking
Above wrote
You could actually open my Panthera mission with any PBO manager program, and then take the lifter files there. After that you wanna go to the init.sqf and take the line for lifting with helicopters.
Hey Above, I was wondering if you could please help me with this?

I've downloaded your DaiZy Panthera 1.8, used PBO Manager (v1.4b) to open up / extract your DaiZyPanthera18.panthera2.pbo (that's the mission file, right?) and I'm looking for the "lifter" files - but I'm not finding anything which seems (to me anyway) right.

Also, looking in the init.sqf (I presume it's the one in the 'root directory'), I can't find anything either (probably due to my ignorance). The only helicopter thing I can find is the Fast Rope feature.

Cheers (and thanks!),

Eric

Re: Heli lifter

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
[I thought I'd move this bit of discussion out of Oliv82's thread since it didn't really belong there.]

Anonymous wrote

@Eric the Viking

Here is a link to download my mission file (backup your original & start a new game):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20875541/DaiZyFactions1987weapmod.chernarus.pbo

You can open it and compare to yours. I had to add a lot of vehicles to the tow & towable list.
Oliv82 used different version of some for variety and they were not on the "stock" list that comes with the script. For example, there are 3 version of the Ural ZU23 (CDF, GUE, INS):https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Vehicles

Good luck!
Thank you so much Anonymous! :)

Looking at the init.sqf for starters I can see immediately that pretty much everything posted by "Tiger" is not suited for "our" SP versions of DayZ. This has been the biggest hurdle I've had to contend with when trying to "mod" any mods - Authors say go to this line and insert that except there is no this when I look in the mission (or other) file I actually have.

**---<brain explodes>---**

Anyways, I'm now looking at Oliv82's v8.4 mission file and comparing it to what you kindly uploaded. It's slow progress but I can see you have added other things to the mod (dogs?) but there are clearly other things being added other than the R3F folder and a change to the init.sqf for the towing to work correctly.

It's rude of me to ask but have you modded Oliv82's v8.4 patch with the tow/lift script and the reduced bandit spawn range you mentioned? Could I trouble you for a copy?

Regards,

Eric

EDIT

Ok, I looked through everything, and started fresh. Extracted the .pbo, noted the line in init.sqf, copied it over. Dragged the R3F folder into the root of the mission structure, repacked. And it worked!

I'm a little curious about a few things: the coding which describes the vehicles which can be towed - this is in the R3F folder? There's a few hundred extra lines in the mission.sqm - these additional entries are describing what?

On a side note, Notepad ++ is an incredible program. I can examine two nearly identical files simultaneously and instantly see where the differences are.

EDIT2

On a possibility unrelated note, pressing CapsLock kills me. lol.

Re: Heli lifter

Anonymous
@Eric the Viking:

Hi, I have not tried Oliv82s latest build as I have been playing this: http://dayofsurvival.blogspot.com/p/about_14.html

The file to edit the vehicle tow list is: R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG -> R3F_LOG -> addons_config -> arma2_CO_objects.sqf. You can also open the mission in the editor and change the vehicle to one that is already on the list.

The files to edit the bandit spawn range are in: scripts -> mission -> fnc.
and the line of code is: _p = [getpos player, random 360, 400 + random 500] call fnc_randomPos;
in this line the the bandits will spawn randomly near the players current position, 360 degrees in direction,
400m plus up to another random 500m from the player. If you lowered these numbers they will spawn closer to you.

Also in the fnc folder is a file called doSomething_tents.sqf which spawns a tent (with good loot), campfire & 2 bandits to guard it.

I did add a dog script which puts a dog house in the fenced in yard by the barn NW of Elektro. (You can change the location in the editor). When you approach it you will hear a dog barking, when you touch the dog house he will spawn & you will have new commands on the scroll menu. Beware if you change skins, the dog will die. If you go back a new dog will spawn but not follow you. I have not found a way around this.

Re: Heli lifter

Eric the Viking
Anonymous wrote
@Eric the Viking:

Hi, I have not tried Oliv82s latest build as I have been playing this: http://dayofsurvival.blogspot.com/p/about_14.html
Yes, I've seen this and am looking forward to playing it.

Currently, I'm on Namalsk. It's quite an experience.

Thank you for the information - it's very useful to me and I really do appreciate you taking the time to help. :)

As I said, I modified the init.sqf file and copied over the R3F folder - I spawned a "Huey" and grabbed a few spawned vehicles. I suspect it's going to take some time for the novelty to pass of picking up a vehicle, going to 1000 meters and dropping it..... :D

The towing also worked but only a Ural (which I think is the default) could tow. I don't mind this limitation but I will pursue the other vehicles for the sake of it.

Thanks,

Eric