DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
DayZNovaMeh44 gotten off Klaycuss' site ...

 It's fairly interesting.
Part of the action menu is in russian at times, and so is the starting config where you pick time of day, how much loot, how fast zombies are ... ect.

 I'm not too sure how the base-building/constriction works yet.  I found quite a few "blueprints" , but I hadn't tried using any yet.   I think it's akin to origins and vanilla dayz building types ...
 I could be wrong, dunno hadn't tried it yet.

 making a camp fire is back to the way it should be, easy ... just wood+ matches.

 I hadn't found a toolbox yet ...
Radio "0-0" menu is entirely russian, I have no idea what any of em say, but the last option is the epeen monitor.
Not sure why, but there was a mixed Ai group when I first spawned in ... they ran up in a UAZ , stopped while I was looting a apartment building, started shooting at me when I looked over the balcony ...
 I'm a fairly good shot ... and this group almost killed me ... I only had a pistol, and I think the sights were off ... I recovered enough , bandaged and then I killed them all ...

 I've had a friendly group of AI follow me a few places, a survivor and a fox-trot1 "soldier" , I can't recruit em because I don't know which russian command that is ... They seem to be traveling same places i am though.

 Zombie behavior ... some of these stay inside buildings, scared the crap out of me, went in a barn, one was crouched behind the crates under the stairs.  Others seem to be typical zombies, though there's a few slight different skins, even female zombies.

 One interesting point I noticed, even though it's in russian, ... you can move objects, even load them into vehicles just like the wasteland mission scripts.
 Some extra stuff, like you can forage for mushrooms, and I assume you can plant seeds in the mission to ... I couldn't seem to do anything with the mushrooms though.

 I forgot how big NAPF was , and I honestly do not remember it all.  I found where the dam was, and one of the spots, where they had a trader in epoch napf ... ( just houses in this one though.)
Nice change of scenery getting away from Chernarus for a while.

So far, it's a bit simpler than LoD ... but I like it so far.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
 I'm fairly sure much of the "construction" is crafting and placing standard arma2 assets , like sandbag walls , the netted towers ...
 I've not yet figured out the blueprints yet though.  Hadn't tried.
 It's difficult to know what you need ... because the hint that pops up just says : " you failed to make ____ "

It offers no hint on what material is needed next.

 But, I only played enough to get moderately geared.  Loot wasn't hard to find.
The UAZ I took either got stolen , or despawned. I'm guessing despawned.   Meh ... I earned it fair as square from that original attacking AI group, but oh well.
 I did find an off-road truck , but it needs everything repaired ... and like I said, I hadn't found  a toolbox yet, don't even know if I need one or not.
 I'm not familiar enough with NAPF to know exactly where to look for toolboxes, none of the industrial I've came across has had any yet.
 I don't care much to find that truck again , nor fix it up specifically ... I'm trying to keep my eyes out for other vehicles though.

 Napf is a huge map ( I love that!) ... I have just forgotten where all the "important places" are ... I might go looking for the castle in the center , see if anything or anyone is there... , I don't expect to find anything though.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
I hadn't tried planting anything yet ...

 If you could only loot once, I could see growing some food crops being useful.
So eventually , you'd be having to hunt animals , and growing your own food for long term survival.

 It's a nice concept ... but kind of redundant in single player I think.   Maybe more for just what you want to do, ... I don't know yet.

 So far, most of it plays like any dayz single player ... common along the lines/fashion of the Russian made ones.  Bandits, other Ai, and" hunters" ( I assume if you cause enough trouble for a faction, they start "hunting you down". )

 Seems AI are a bit more in larger towns ... vehicle patrols and air patrols more there, than in other areas.
 Zombies behave like zombies/infected from original dayz set ... nothing too special except some lurk inside buildings until you aggro them. Not many , just some.

 NovaMeh44 mod, seems like average dayz single player, with just a few extras tossed in so far.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
Further testing/playing of this mod has to wait ...

I've been distracted by fixing another mod's scripts so it works now,  which kicks open some doors previously closed to me for making "survival based missions". ...

will return to this, later on probably.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
Wow, I hadn't read this in a while ... wish i knew to pull out those sqf files before I re-started this one today.

 I still could - I played with settings on this one, using another post to somewhat guide me on what I was choosing.

Bad part was on a couple I sorta picked the wrong thing.  I spawned at night for one ... full moon helps, buildings are lit, but starting out it's a long wait for any major looting.

 I set the zombies to .01 , 0% runners.  AI I set low as I could , both friendlies and the bandits/hunters...
I hadn't ran into any yet.

But i spawned in water , not sure where on the map I am, but there was an oddly placed mil area , nothing in the buildings ( that were on a hill) but there was a well, a campfire set , and a BTR fully healed sitting right there!
 Of course, not very "survivally" of me , as talk about a pure luck "find" , and armored, fully weaponized amphibious vehicle ... I couldn't pass up the chance to grab it.
Looting yielded me some water bottles not far away, I came back to the well, filled those.
 Hindsight, I think maybe loot didn't spawn in the barracks either because they were on the steep hill ( oddly placed), or I didn't wait around long enough for anything to spawn in.

I might go back later, just to see ...
Going back to the small town I found, I was able to pick up a couple jerry cans, a better back pack , a winchester ( one of my fav rifles to have starting out) , and a decent pistol.

 I picked the map 3.0 that opens up more buildings ( though Napf already had lots of open buildings )
I still need food ( last time I played, I had issues finding water/drinks) ...
 But doing ok atm.

My blood is low I think by the symbols, it starts off that way I think.

It'll be interesting to see if hostile AI still spam/aimbot me as much ...

I hadn't looted the whole town yet, I backed off went back to the btr I parked, unloaded gear into it, and drove to a house nearby.  I was hoping to get a sleep option to sleep through the night, but doesn't seem so with out a tent ( if sleep is even in the mission, I can't remember.)

 I'm lacking all the basic tools so far , knife, toolbox, axe or machette at least.
So if I find AI to be "too much" in these settings, i'll try Rachels removal of sqfs trick too.
So dying isn't a big deal really if i do, i'll retry off revert/save a couple times just to see if things pan out ...
As since you don't -always- start out finding a BTR , i wanna try and keep it/take advantage of having it!
 Thats the only reason right now, i'm not backing out and removing those sqf files already lol.

 but yes, this one seems to play out more like a "civil war" is going on, the way I low zombie/slow zombies set, maybe the "infection" is at the early days, bandits and military trying to control the island, I'm one of the unlucky "survivors" caught behind enemy lines?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZNovaMeh44 discussion

benevolentdevil
I'm more of the mind , I either want zombies hard or the AI , not both at the same time.

I really dislike getting blind-sided as it is in this game.  With players doing it in multi-player it's not such a big deal , lots of times players will miss, or not full auto your head instantly.

AI though are unforgiving on the hit box, the engine calculates and compensates for recoil , and AI are Aim Bots.
A player has 50/50 chance of killing you based on human error.  If a player doesn't hit your head/make you pass out , you can often survive, bandage and out flank/get away ...

AI has a 99.9% of killing you because it's error margin just isn't there.