DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

xFInN
How is it that I can run the game fine with max settings at around 60FPS on DayZ mulit-player but when I went to try the single player without changing any setting I only get between 10 and 20 and when I move the camera around fast inside a town it drops below 10FPS.

Should I not be getting more in single player since there's no need for servers that lower FPS?

Thanks

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

DayZ_SP
Single player performance can be low (on any game) because your machine is doing all the calculations the server would normally be doing in MP. MP is basically you hooking up to a second PC and letting the second PC do most of the work, so this is why SP performance can often be less than MP if you have a good ping.

DaiyZ SP has a lot of AI on the maps and this is probably the biggest performance drain aside from the Zombie code not being optimized, yet.

Also, all the Zombies are spawned client side and there is a built-in limit of 40 per player. So, in SP that means you can have about 30-40 Zombies + AI Bandits + AI Survivors! This is what I was talking about when referring to the amount of increased AI calculations compared to DayZ online that has... Well, none.

One fix is to reduce your limit of Zombies to around 20... Which is more than enough for SP... But others have said when doing this they get NO Zombies, so it is hit and miss -- Which is due to Rocket's coding and not something we've done while developing DaiyZ SP.

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

I get same/better FPS on SP, no joke. :S

Strange one.

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

xFInN
ah right, I understand what you mean alright.

I also forgot to mention that I was using v042eX.

I actually don't get alot of Zombies, I've walked through Electro and only seen 3 or 4 and 2 Bandits.

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

xFInN
I think what was happening is that the servers I was on had set the view distance to the lowest which is why i got more FPS online and it always seems like its foggy.

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

fedus_87
Administrator
yea the veiw distance is controlled server side in mp but sp is all up to your settings on your end and veiw distance is a killer to some gpu's once you go up to 10000 m veiw distance most mp servers are a max of about 1500 meters veiw distance and under

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

robjanos
to increase the amount of zombies that spawn i would have to change the "dayz_maxLocalZombies" in the dayz_code\z\addons\dayz_code\init.sqf ? and what program should i use to unpack and pack the dayz_code.pbo because when i try to play it says "Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf not found".
i tryed using CPBO but when i try extracting it nothing happens.

Administrator
try pbo manager

Re: DayZ single player extreamly laggy over MP

robjanos
nope still giving me problems =/