DayZ Single Player and Youtube

DayZ_SP
If you put in "DayZ Single Player" in the Youtbue search, you are presented with tons of videos with different versions dating all the way back to 1.7.2, and earlier.

The most common version featured in videos is Kronzky's original release that (as we all know) has since been removed due to Rocket's request.

Some of the other versions are from "other sources" and are only as current as 1.7.2.6. You can tell because the Debug Menu is still visible in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

The funniest part is watching kids tell others to do the "cheat dance" to activate the cheat menu - LOL!

You know... Back, back, side, side, forward, forward, shuffle, shuffle and then press "0", "0".

I don't know if Kronzky told people to do that as an homage to the days of Nintendo cheat codes, or if people actually believed you had to "unlock" the cheats by doing that dance? Either way, it's hilarious to read the comments section of these videos where people still believe they have to do this to access the cheat menu.

What is interesting is you can also see how far DaiyZ has evolved from the simple SP mission Kronzky released just six, seven months ago.

It started with a very simple cheat menu, then the extremely detailed in-game cheat GUI Kronzky created and now we have pretty competent AI partners and challenging AI opponents that resemble MP with randomized equipment, backpacks and loot just to name a few of the more advanced features that have since been added to the original release.

I hope the stand alone is released soon because then hopefully Rocket isn't going to care about the ArmA 2 version anymore (MP or SP) even though he says he will continue supporting it.

Most people have quit the mod version because of the hackers and this is why I don't think the ArmA 2 version will have many players left once stand alone is released. This should open the door for DaiyZ to be more openly accepted instead of having to be kept "secret" like it is now. I doubt there is going to be any SP element in the stand alone beyond maybe a quick training/tutorial section like the ArmA 2 Boot Camp & Armory sections we have now, but I could be wrong.

Re: DayZ Single Player and Youtube

Haleks
It seems that some hackers are using our work to steal CD keys...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1eVqvVBQc
The download link leads to an .exe...

Jonathan, do you think  there's anything we could do?
It grieves me that some people on forums I've visited  systematically associate DaiZy with CD key thefts...
Numerous people try to misappropriate what we do here; somehow we should give more visibility to the "official" downloads.

Re: DayZ Single Player and Youtube

Ray
Haleks wrote
It seems that some hackers are using our work to steal CD keys...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1eVqvVBQc
The download link leads to an .exe...

Jonathan, do you think  there's anything we could do?
It grieves me that some people on forums I've visited  systematically associate DaiZy with CD key thefts...
Numerous people try to misappropriate what we do here; somehow we should give more visibility to the "official" downloads.

Well, you can't really do much besides reporting the video as a 'scam/fraud'. Unless you guys build a launcher.