DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Sidewinder
Hi Eric,
 I love this post and I has a ton of info that I have been researching for starting my own SP Epoch gaming experience. I my self are looking and trying to find as much information that I can to make this all as easy  as possible.
I found this video of that I think could be very helpful for alot of us whom are just learning or trying to start out. Nox is very detailed about what is what and where goes where I thought maybe you could post it here to help alot of us and give little more detail about what it is that we are trying to accomplish in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6xrSn4jp6M&list=PLx_JsDCLjiDsfCc2l4bPAryLPgcIkuBHy

Maybe this could be helpful to alot of us.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
Hey Sidewinder :)

Wow, thanks so much for that link. You're quite right, that's a fantastic link which will make things so much easier for so many.

I now find setting up a server pretty easy that I don't need to follow my own advice and don't even use DayzCommander anymore either but use batch files or .cmd files.

I've come across a couple of interesting things related to single player server which you might be interested in but I'll post them here.

Thanks again for sharing!

Cheers,

Eric

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Pandemic4444
Hi first time here and i was wondering if you could tell me if there is a way to get epoch to work on cherno. i have for the first time managed to get the SP daiZy to work on Win10. i have downloaded the epoch SP tutorial files from your post so i just need to figure out how to get it to work.

any help?
OS: Windows 10, Monitor: Vizio 70" 4k Tv (M-70-C3), GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard, Intel I7-4790k Devil's Canyon Quad-Core CPU @4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz boost, MSI Limited Golden Gaming Edition GTX 970 4GB Superclocked, 16GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1866 RAM, 3TB Hard Drives, 4 1,800 RPM Thermaltake case fans, 750 Watt Cougar RS power supply.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
Hi Pandemic4444

There is no DayZ SP Epoch/Overpoch that I'm aware of, in the sense of a DaiZy mod. There some posts in the Unofficial DaiZy releases forum which say they are SP but you'll need to have a firm understanding of the Russian language to make the best of it. Alternatively, you can create a Epoch/Overpoch server and play on it yourself.

If you look at this thread, specifically the first post, you'll see a "server pack". I set this up for Sauerland but Chernarus was also an option. If you want Overpoch I strongly suggest you do this - speaking from experience, unless you know exactly want you're doing it's going to be more trouble than it's worth.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Pandemic4444
Well i would assume that since i post in english i do not know russian. So in that aspect i would probably do either the second part of your post set up my own or the solution in the second sentence of your post. However i dont see how i need a server when it is single player and i dont have the money to go out and rent one. As long as it has clear and easy to follow instructions then i should be able to follow them to get overpoch to run in SP.

Would you care to help me set it up? if so i have a TS (or skype) where you could just talk me through. PM me if you can help.
OS: Windows 10, Monitor: Vizio 70" 4k Tv (M-70-C3), GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard, Intel I7-4790k Devil's Canyon Quad-Core CPU @4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz boost, MSI Limited Golden Gaming Edition GTX 970 4GB Superclocked, 16GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1866 RAM, 3TB Hard Drives, 4 1,800 RPM Thermaltake case fans, 750 Watt Cougar RS power supply.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
Pandemic4444 wrote
Well i would assume that since i post in english i do not know russian.
I don't presume to know your native language nor how many other languages you might (or might not) be fluent in.

Pandemic4444 wrote
However i dont see how i need a server when it is single player and i dont have the money to go out and rent one. As long as it has clear and easy to follow instructions then i should be able to follow them to get overpoch to run in SP.
Uh, what exactly do you think is "single player"? Although DayZ and Overpoch have a common base they are not the same thing - Epoch is a mod of DayZ, Overwatch is a mod of DayZ and Overpoch is a combination of Epoch and Overwatch.

The "DaiZy" mods available here are single player DayZ based mods. Epoch changed quite a few things in fundamental ways from DayZ and the "senior" guys on this site, who were the main modders, had grown bored or moved on to other things so Epoch was never made SP (assuming it was even possible) so other than what I have mentioned (Russian modders) I don't believe there is a SP Epoch or SP Overpoch.

You can play it as SP if you create an Epoch server on your PC (no need to rent one), create a database for your character, add the Overwatch mod and then launch the game (on your PC) connecting to the server (on your PC) and play the game like anyone else - except you're the only one there...

However, that's quite a task which is why I suggested the server pack - most of the work is done.

yeah i could definitely create the server with the pack (kinda the obvious choice there) as long as im able to control the server i.e lock it when i want, kick or ban people who break the rules and so on however ive never done so and the server pack doesnt have a read-me file so i'd need help. But from what i read online i can add DZAI which has missions, ai, and then add a building mod (i.e epoch or something) that i saw on this post here: http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/DayZ-Epoch-Singleplayer-Server-Setup-td17373.html
OS: Windows 10, Monitor: Vizio 70" 4k Tv (M-70-C3), GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard, Intel I7-4790k Devil's Canyon Quad-Core CPU @4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz boost, MSI Limited Golden Gaming Edition GTX 970 4GB Superclocked, 16GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1866 RAM, 3TB Hard Drives, 4 1,800 RPM Thermaltake case fans, 750 Watt Cougar RS power supply.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
Yes, I'd suggest using that thread to get started. Watch the Youtube video as a guide to setup the default Epoch server.

Then head over to XstreamGaming and download the pack. There are instructions there for the pack and the first post in this thread should help too.

There are plenty of guides around for this but it will be an exercise in frustration and eventually it will be rewarding. I still remember spawning on the shore of Chernarus for the first time...

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Pandemic4444
This post was updated on .
i cant use a youtube video to follow something in which i absolutely MUST do with a step by step TEXT or written instruction. im just unable to follow a youtube video for stuff like this.
ive got the pack downloaded and i can modify files and command lines but i actually need is someone to just help get cherno with overpoch working ie missions, traders (if possible), building myself a base......you get the gist of it.

IS there anyone who either can help me directly ( literally walk me thru it) or that can provide a text file i can go by?
OS: Windows 10, Monitor: Vizio 70" 4k Tv (M-70-C3), GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard, Intel I7-4790k Devil's Canyon Quad-Core CPU @4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz boost, MSI Limited Golden Gaming Edition GTX 970 4GB Superclocked, 16GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1866 RAM, 3TB Hard Drives, 4 1,800 RPM Thermaltake case fans, 750 Watt Cougar RS power supply.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
See if this helps. It's from the Epoch forums.

[How To] Setup A DayZ Server [Highly Detailed 70+ Steps]

that might actually be what i need. thx. ill try this later as i need to sleep.

Following our conversation I checked out the SP Epoch mod mentioned in the release forum. It appears that there was release but download was removed around February because the author is working on it some more.

oh really cool. havent gotten around to the server thing but i might wait until the epoch sp is reposted. can you keep me alerted when it's re-added?
OS: Windows 10, Monitor: Vizio 70" 4k Tv (M-70-C3), GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard, Intel I7-4790k Devil's Canyon Quad-Core CPU @4.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz boost, MSI Limited Golden Gaming Edition GTX 970 4GB Superclocked, 16GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1866 RAM, 3TB Hard Drives, 4 1,800 RPM Thermaltake case fans, 750 Watt Cougar RS power supply.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
Looks like the mod has been released earlier this month in Alpha state. I've done a post on it here.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

-RTR-SnatchNGrab
ok so im setting up a semi single player and multiplayer of about 4 to 5 friends on a second computer of mine. Its mainly single player cause my friends and I barely get a chance to play at the same time. But we like playing the same server.

First off I am only using epoch 1.0.5.1. A couple mods like andre's safe zones and a couple others i believe the plot 4 life and snap build pro all ask you to make a custom folder and add in files from your dayz_code pbo. And Im not sure how to exactly do this. And I am not very good at any of this so if you could explain it like telling a 2 year old that would also be great. lol.

I have been able to install a bunch of mods but the ones that require me to make custom files such as make custom\player_build.sqf and make a custom\vault_pitch.sqf are driving me nuts. I Know i have to copy files from dayz_code and put them into a custom folder. But i dont know how to make them work afterward. I tried to add a call compile in both my init and my custom compile folder and non of them seemed to work. They just break some of my other code.
Thanks for any help you can provide thanks.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

Eric the Viking
Hi -RTR-SnatchNGrab,

The reason some of the mods ask you to copy files from dayz_code.pbo to another folder (in the mission file) is because the mods over ride some of the functions contained within and sharing a mission file is easier (and smaller) than all your mates downloading a new dayz_code (which contains hundreds of files which you didn't touch).

If this is going to be a private server with just you and your mates, you really don't need safe zones. And Plot 4 Life is a little complicated to install - but again, on a private server, just disable the requirement for the need of a plot pole.

What I suggest is get the base 1.0.5.1 Epoch server up and running - then look at adding mods one at a time - if you need a hand at this point I certainly will try to help if I can.

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

saduskie
pls help i only have ARMA2? TEACH ME PLS IM NEWBIE IN DAYZ

Re: DayZ Epoch Singleplayer Server Setup

benevolentdevil
TY for the tutorial ...

 I enjoy Epoch ) or did when I could play heavily online). I always wanted a SP version, with-out having to rent a server.

 I'll visit this again, when I am done with my Stalker Mini Sandbox idea.
12