DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

wb

DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

wb
  Firstly, I just wanted to thank unknown for all the time and effort he has put into this update, it was well worth the wait! I really love the direction DaiZy is heading with the intro story and random gear at the start making it different each life. The event triggers keep it exciting as you never know what's about to happen and can change your story in a few minutes.

  The first bandit event I was watching over my shoulder when I found him following close behind. I had a pistol stand off and took his revolver which was a great start. The first few abandoned vehicle events I was running around like a mad man trying to find them but didn't have any luck until I hit elektro and found a broken down bus. I like how they are in different positions and makes them harder to find. Makes it a lot more rewarding when you fix them up and start to head north.

  I think the events are triggered when you cross a certain point on the map, as I found a bug running past the church in elektro. Link. Survivor party! Im all for groups of survivors but its a little unfair on the zombies :P Maybe this is what unknown meant on the release notes on refining the triggers but I just wanted to point it out.

  The only other issue I've come across is that on both military helicopters I've seen, I have only found painkillers and some shells. I'm not sure if this is because they both spawned half in the water, or if they take time to spawn military loot like buildings, but I had to unload my ammo on the zombies just to get to them lol.

  Anyway, its been an awesome experience so far and I'm going to be playing it all day :D What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions for the next version?

Re: DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

Niceonegunit
Yeah, I got the church bug too.
Those weird black popup screens annoy me because it flashes every five seconds or so about something.

I love the bandits but it popping up and telling you they have spawned really ruins the surprise and unpredictability of the DayZ world.

Same with the helicopters, I only found a damn can of pepsi and a G17 Mag. Looks like the military loves pepsi, commercialized soldiers yay!

It's 3AM but screw it, I'm playing this till I damn well pass out. After all, I've waited so long for this and it has delivered MORE than I expected.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)
wb

Re: DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

wb
Thats strange, I dont get a black screen when the events come up, just like a white logo and text. Ive noticed that bandits only carry secondary too but im not sure if they get better if you survive longer or as you head north. I found a bandit sniper in a ghillie suit in the hills of elektro which didn't trigger an event which was a good surprise, but all he had on him was a G17 and coyote.

But aside from the bugs I agree with you when you say unknown has delivered more than we expected. To be honest I didnt even know that this was possible when editing armaII missions but it shows how much potential dayz single player has. I hate to point out the bugs but I think its important to give feedback.

Re: DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

Niceonegunit
It's not really a black screen, just the white logo and text pop up, while my screen flicks black and then slowly fades in.
It's the same effect when you just spawn, how the screen is black and then fades to the game.

I headed up north and they all still had pistols. A revolver, G17 etc. et.c
Even with these annoying bugs, I can't stop playing the thing!

Though the popup texts has got to go, it ruins the whole surprise and unpredictability of DayZ, like I said earlier.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

Mr. 'funny'
So far I'm loving the update! Had no clue wtf the triggers were at first, scared me enough to double tap 'W' and sprint into the woods. I was chased by two zeds, killed one, was rendered unconscious by the remaining zombie. He began to eat me, I screamed, but it was no suffice. I died a miserable death. Zombie's seem more vigilant this time around.

Personally I'm not a fan of the triggers popping up on my screen and letting me know what's to come. It does weaken the 'wtf is going on' but on the otherhand, look what happened to me lol.

Second time around I started with a revolver, which was a nice surprise. Can't complain about starting with a map. Great idea for noobs! Anyone wishing to challenge their self can simply drop the map and hope to find another later. Can't wait to really start playing, but work keeps getting in the way.

Thanks for all your hard work tehunknown! Time to ignite a funny smoke and murk some zeds.

Re: DaiZy+ v042 Suggestions

Niceonegunit
Yeah, first time the trigger popped up, I damn well shat mself.
I jumped out of my seat.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)