DaiZy Utes?!

A Hobo Panda
Ok, so, **BEFORE** I start working on Dingor, would anyone be interested in playing a DaiZy Utes? Possibly with Haleks' Factions, if he allows me to borrow/use his Factions files? :D
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

Haleks
A Hobo Panda wrote
Ok, so, **BEFORE** I start working on Dingor, would anyone be interested in playing a DaiZy Utes? Possibly with Haleks' Factions, if he allows me to borrow/use his Factions files? :D
It's up to you; but Utes is really small though - not sure how worth it is.
On the other hand it could be a good way to get used to making a daizy mission file; since it is a small map, it should be easy and fast to design/test ;)

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

A Hobo Panda
Haleks wrote
A Hobo Panda wrote
I know, that's why I want to do this before trying out Dingor - this is much easier :) but I'm running into some trouble... I got the Singleplayer button enabled, and I took the mission file from a server I played on a while back, but when I try running it, it says the dayz_code is missing? :(
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

I know, that's why I want to do this before trying out Dingor - this is much easier :) but I'm running into some trouble... I got the Singleplayer button enabled, and I took the mission file from a server I played on a while back, but when I try running it, it says the dayz_code is missing? :(
Check the init and the compile (if you have one) files in your mission folder : you might have specified a wrong directory for some variables.

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

A Hobo Panda
Haleks wrote
Oh, ok. What exactly should I look for?
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

Haleks
A Hobo Panda wrote
Haleks wrote
Check the init and the compile (if you have one) files in your mission folder : you might have specified a wrong directory for some variables.
Oh, ok. What exactly should I look for?
You should have something like that at the beginning of your init :
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";
The same goes for your compile file - but I'm afraid you'll have to check those lines one by one :/

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

A Hobo Panda
Haleks wrote
A Hobo Panda wrote
Haleks wrote
Ok, thanks, I'll try it now :D
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

BossMan
i would love to play utes sp.

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

Niceonegunit
I wouldn't really think it'd be enjoyable.

The fact that half of the map is made of enterable military buildings and the other half on unenterable civilian buildings is the problem alone.

Getting military-grade gear would take, what, a few minutes?
And the explore factor that makes DayZ, DayZ, would be spat in the face.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy Utes?!

A Hobo Panda
Niceonegunit wrote
I wouldn't really think it'd be enjoyable.

The fact that half of the map is made of enterable military buildings and the other half on unenterable civilian buildings is the problem alone.

Getting military-grade gear would take, what, a few minutes?
And the explore factor that makes DayZ, DayZ, would be spat in the face.
Yeah... I kinda gave up on this as soon as I decided to do Dingor xD But, once DayZero comes out on Podagorsk, maybe I can implement all the enterable buildings it will have into this? Idk lol
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.