DaiZy Chernarus "unlocked" Utilizing Arma 2 Equipment and Vehicles Full AI and Bases

DaiZy Chernarus "unlocked" Utilizing Arma 2 Equipment and Vehicles Full AI and Bases

Stoney
I have been playing many of the missions on this forum since maybe November and have been enjoying them very much, I'm always looking forward to the next release as it just gets better and better. Really looking forward to Chernarus 2.0 mission. I would like as much as an experience as close to the original DayZ mod as possible, but I really love using all of the Arma 2 assets, such as all of the vehicle and weapons. Loved the releases with "unlocked" loot tables with "natural" spawning points like in the official online mod. Also been digging the base building as it's just really awesome. I do see how unnecessary Apaches and Abrams tanks may be in a zombie survival horror game lol, but I do still spawn them in for testing and flying around and such. I have been playing around in Above's new Breaking Point integration into the offline and I have enjoyed what I have experienced, I really love the new updated AI though, extremely awesome. Just a-lot of the new weapons aren't fully configured to share ammunition of other weapons of the same "type", or are fully explained in they descriptions. Was trying the R3f implementation, (didn't work as me writing this lol) and I got a great idea for more "end game"; in addition to building bases and how little use friendlies are for most things, I would like to add artillery pieces to my base so when I'm out foraging I can relay fire commands to the AI at my base to lay down fire onto unruly zombie hordes. Also I noticed that in the mission file that I was playing that when I spawned in Artillery pieces, that I could salvage engine parts from them and also that after the fires burned out on crashed helicopters, I could enter firing position on the gun and salvage the helicopter parts. So I got a great idea, to be able to salvage wrecks such as deteriorated tanks and helicopters on the map to build combat helicopters, tanks and artillery pieces that aren't included in official DayZ servers. And tow equipment to your base. Also I dig the Breaking Point plans to implement trains and power stations, but those will be out eventually. Either way, regardless of the direction I look forward to all releases and I find my-self enjoying them more and more. Yours truly Stoney.

Re: DaiZy Chernarus "unlocked" Utilizing Arma 2 Equipment and Vehicles Full AI and Bases

Stoney
Basically, this is what I'm looking forward to:

- Love the building system Above has been utilizing (maybe be able to build weapon or storage crates)
- Arma 2 weapons implemented into loot tables (think that's already working)
- Implementation of R3f mod (maybe radios to communicate with far away friendlies?)
- Love the weather system used by Breaking Point, and their zeds
- "Full" AI already being worked on and constantly updated lol
- And lastly the ability to create somehow Arma 2 static emplacements, and combat vehicles (maybe through salvaging other equipment and building of a vehicle center?)

I totally have been enjoying all the offline missions regardless, these would just make me feel more at home in a post apocalyptic zombie infested Chernarus. I thank all of those who have been working on the already implemented offline missions for all of the enjoyment they bring to this community :)

Sincerely, Stoney

Re: DaiZy Chernarus "unlocked" Utilizing Arma 2 Equipment and Vehicles Full AI and Bases

Ray
So uh, what are you actually requesting. There is plenty of weapons already. 2 missions with different building systems, you can add vehicles yourself in matter of minutes,there are quite a few more building scripts out there, even Loki includes one.

Yeah, I'll have to check out a few more building scripts. Also Loki is fun to play around with in terms as in everything it does. I just got to find a good program to edit mission files with, could not get pbo viewer to work but I'm sure there are better options. I'll give armaholic a good visit and probably just get the scripts for extra's I find interesting to add to the mission.

Re: DaiZy Chernarus "unlocked" Utilizing Arma 2 Equipment and Vehicles Full AI and Bases

Ray
Stoney wrote
Yeah, I'll have to check out a few more building scripts. Also Loki is fun to play around with in terms as in everything it does. I just got to find a good program to edit mission files with, could not get pbo viewer to work but I'm sure there are better options. I'll give armaholic a good visit and probably just get the scripts for extra's I find interesting to add to the mission.

PBO Viewer isn't the only choice, there are ALOT of .pbo management tools lurking around.