[DEVS] Squint - SQF Syntax/error checker

[DEVS] Squint - SQF Syntax/error checker

Niceonegunit

Evenin' gents.

Now, if you are reading this, I will assume you are either one of the devs of DaiZy, an ArmA 2 mission designer or anything related to that kind of stuff.

I can't believe I didn't share this eariler, I had been using this for quite some time but obviously never spilled the beans (hurr hurr puns please god kill me now) to you guys.

Squint is an ArmA 2 SQF Syntax/error checker, which has saved me hours of frustration of "WHY THE SHIT WON'T THE CRAP WORK?".

From the thread itself, it states
"
Squint is an editor and error-checker for ArmA script files (sqf, cpp, ext, sqm) and can save you many hours of headache by detecting syntax errors and common logic problems before you even run your scripts in a mission."

For example, I had a value in my script named '_leader'. This was never actually used and thus a waste of CPU time and caused script clutter. Squint will spot that for you. It will warn you of things, such as string searches that use 'in' are case-sensitive.

It will spot those missing } that you missed, fix some common logic problems, warn you of potential problems, and can help reduce clutter.

Here is the link to the bistudio forums page
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: [DEVS] Squint - SQF Syntax/error checker

Haleks
Cool!
Thanks for the tip man! ^^