Chernarus retextured and opened V1.2 now up, 90% of the world now retextured

Chernarus retextured and opened V1.2 now up, 90% of the world now retextured

fedus_87
Chernarus retexture project.

80 MORE PREVEIW IMG's  http://imgur.com/a/12rqm

well im making a bit of a comeback i guess got an urge to mod and came up with this so far.
 Welcome to the chernarus retexture project. iv done about 90% of what i want to do now with the retextures but as of an overall feel in the map i have most buildings and furniture and objects retextured so far ill just say it feels like a whole new cherno to me now. i have also used quite alot of the standalone textures aswell but also made them just a bit grungier and more appocalyptic feeling.
  there are also quite a few newly opened buildnigs from dayz origins aswell as dayzero.and note that the few buildings from taviana do require the taviana map files to be ran for a few textures in the newly added buildings.

INSTALL:
1:just drag the folder @chernarus_retextured to your arma 2 directory from here
http://download854.mediafire.com/h0dm3j3nqpfg/u7947c1woa19sbt/chernarus+retexture+project.rar

2:now launch the mod folder with any SP release of your choosing using either launch parameters for the mod folder or using a launcher of your choice.

NOTE taviana map files must be ran also because the opened building models from origins require them for a few textures. im working on making the file with just those few textures in it so that all the taviana map files are not needed.

Roadmap %'s

enterable buildings 95%
non-enterable 85%
interiors 95%
furniture 95%
bump maps just started 1%

bump maps are to make the texture feel more 3 deminsional which SA hasnt even done with a few of their new textures. ill post some examples below you can see cracks actually look like 3d cracks on the texture all 3d details in the textures will now have the right bump maps and lighting effect to make the textures feel even more realistic.

credits to
standalone for a few textures that i have modified

origins for the enterable models of about 6 new buildings

dayzero for their incredible enterable models

and everyone here at the SP forums keeping the SP mod alive.

Re: chernarus retextured and opened

Haleks
OMFG.

Welcome back dude!
Those new buildings look sweet man!
I might have an idea to add the loot spawns positions for those - eventhough it might require quite a bit of work...
I'll keep you updated!

Really glad you got that urge man!

Re: chernarus retextured and opened

fedus_87
Administrator
thanks alot man yea always wanted the world to feel more appocalyptic. so i finally broke down and got started.

Re: chernarus retextured and opened

COOL CANADIAN
That sounds... So... Wonderful o.O

Re: chernarus retextured and opened

fedus_87
Administrator
updated a bit more of the files now going to work a bit more and upload the updated version tonight done alot of fixes to the first release like the bad texture in the hospital that was letting me see through the walls lol. id estimate about 60-75% of the textures are redone for most of the enterable buildings now.

Re: chernarus retextured and opened

VikingRobot
Is this really a future release?or its already released?is this a test?

Re: chernarus retextured and opened

fedus_87
Administrator
it's more of a project. this is the future releases and PROJECTS sub. but yes its will be more of an addon and its more than likely going to be used in User/Above's latest project hopefully.
   and this is ready to play with if you'd like to try it out i'v just finished the majority of the rest of the furniture and objects i will have them in the next update but yes this is fully playable atm. not perfect by any means but it feels nice.

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened now uploading V 1.2, lots of new pics too

fedex054
when will the download be up I realy want to try it

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened now uploading V 1.2, lots of new pics too

fedus_87
should be very soon it has 15 mins left atm but it has been failing all day so im not to sure. how long ecxactly.

EDIT: V1.2 is now live

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened now uploading V 1.2, lots of new pics too

fedex054
this is great man it feels like its more apocalyptic than the vanilla version

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened now uploading V 1.2, lots of new pics too

fedus_87
Administrator
yea this was only 2 days work too so it will do nothing but improve over time.

testing out !

mp5lng
Oh man I can believe my eyes ! the best addon for a harsh world ! thumb up buddy ! really good job with that ! here is a little preview of your work combined with Haleks' ultimate 2018 mod !

Not a close capture but I think it does the job :D and for the new enterable buildings..... I can use them as damn good shelter ! :D really love this addition ! it'll be my best friend after Daizy 2018 !

P.S : don't mind the farway trees XD that's just my crazy computer ignoring them :p so just do the same ;)

Re: testing out !

fedus_87
Administrator
very nice man unfortunatly i ran into a bit of a snag my isp went out of buissness i guess so iv had to get on a new service atm. and its pretty slow upload speeds unfortunatly but im back for now atleast and i have reworked a breaking zero version of the code to accomadate the texture pack with loot for the new buildings.
also got the epoch building fully functional aswell as the crafting system from 1.7 and up like the nailed bats and such can now be crafted i will be working on putting all of this together for a release

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened V1.2 now up, 90% of the world now retextured

Glock 17
Awesome!

You're doing a great job!

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened V1.2 now up, 90% of the world now retextured

fedus_87
Administrator
thanks glad ppl are enjoying it.

Re: Chernarus retextured and opened V1.2 now up, 90% of the world now retextured

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Administrator
i suppose so but i honestly dont have permission to use some of the standalone textures i have used in the project. so that kind of makes me even uncomfortable. but lets be honest everything here is kind of taken from the mod and sister mods. so idk really what any of the consequences would be for mass sharing this. but i believe we should all have a better chernarus in the mod and wherever else we may play be it wasteland or any other mod. but i just have to warn you not all of the project is my work alone there are many things i do not have permission to use.

CONTENTS DELETED

Administrator
yes models and all its the arma 2 files such as buildings.pbo just edited. it also uses some of the new enterable buildings from origins also. so some of the textures are taviana textures and will not show up unless you run the taviana files, i havn't included them into the file system yet.