Changing zombie speed

MrWhy
I know this is in the wrong place, but I have to do it here since the other places are kind of death and to gain more attention.

Also, my point is I wanna make the zeds fast as they used to be back in 2012. This affects only SP, not MP. So far all I know is it has something to do with the latest beta patches, if I downgrade back to 95204 or any, zeds will run as they used to be back in 2012, if higher, zeds will run like humans which is in my opinion annoying and ridiculous as.. you know. Soooo, can anyone help me with this? It would also be smart if the DayZ dev's change this. Zombies aren't zombies as they used to be. And that's one fact.

Re: Changing zombie speed

Eric the Viking
There's a thread related to zombie speed here.

Of course, in your case, you would increase the specified number rather than decrease it. From various versions of Dayz that I have pulled apart the speeds can be 2, 6, 8, 10, 15.

It would probably be worth checking out older versions to check what values specific entries had.

Re: Changing zombie speed

MrWhy
Eric the Viking wrote
There's a thread related to zombie speed here.

Of course, in your case, you would increase the specified number rather than decrease it. From various versions of Dayz that I have pulled apart the speeds can be 2, 6, 8, 10, 15.

It would probably be worth checking out older versions to check what values specific entries had.
Well, I already tryed to change the code in the dayz_code but it didn't work. It has something to do with the beta patch, not the dayz_code.

It also doesn't matter on which version you're playing, it could be the first version of DayZ, 1.7.0 or whatever, as long as your beta patch is higher than 95417, zhe zombies will run slower. I advise you trying to check this out, get the beta patch 95417 and play on any SP Version, I advise the first SP.

Re: Changing zombie speed

Eric the Viking
Well, I'm not claiming to know everything but I do find it hard to believe that a beta patch for Arma 2 affected the zombie speed in the Dayz mod - especially when it is documented that in version 1.7.5.2 (Aug 2012) the zombie run speed was lowered and then changed again in the 1.7.7 release.

I personally prefer walking zeds simply because I don't have the time to play the game the way you need to with running zeds.

Re: Changing zombie speed

MrWhy
Eric the Viking wrote
Well, I'm not claiming to know everything but I do find it hard to believe that a beta patch for Arma 2 affected the zombie speed in the Dayz mod - especially when it is documented that in version 1.7.5.2 (Aug 2012) the zombie run speed was lowered and then changed again in the 1.7.7 release.

I personally prefer walking zeds simply because I don't have the time to play the game the way you need to with running zeds.

Yes, the beta patch affects the zombie speed, believe it or not.

I'm not sure if it's a animation or anything though. It is also weird that if I morph myself into a zombie, I run way faster as zombies actually run (speed from 2012).

If anyone knows how to do this then please give me your time and try to find out how to get the old speed back. I'm expecting this to be solved as this is actually the official SP forum.