Arma 3 Epoch

Eric the Viking
The Epoch team have recently released the server & client files for their Epoch mod for Arma 3. It's early stages yet but many seem to be enjoying themselves with it.

Well, the people who know what the hell their doing are enjoying themselves, nubs like me are struggling.

I've got the Redis DB started, the server starts and once I launch the game I can see (in LAN) my server. Select join takes me to a screen (satellite view of Stratis) that's where everything stops. The RPT log shows....

"Server error: Player without identity"

...about a million times.

I really am at a loss here. It could be not talking to the database is the problem, I really don't know.

Is anyone else mucking around with this and having better luck?

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Eric the Viking
What command line are you using after arma3server.exe?

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Eric the Viking
LOL

Yes, the documentation is pretty sparse but I guess it's mainly intended for experienced server admins.

For those interested I found the following seems to work ok...

"D:\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=D:\Arma 3\SC\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -config=SC\config.cfg -cfg=SC\basic.cfg -name=SC

... although please tell me if I'm wrong somewhere. The bold sections are my folders, you'll need to alter that to suit whatever you use.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Eric the Viking
Hey thanks Wargog!

I noticed the same thing, tried using this;

"D:\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -port=2302 -profiles=SC -config=SC\config.cfg -cfg=SC\basic.cfg -name=SC

Although it didn't make a difference. I noticed a new post yesterday on the Epoch forums which went into much more detail about installing it than did the "install.txt" file so I'll have a closer look at some point.

Every tiny piece of info adds to understanding.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Eric the Viking
Sure,  here it is...

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29519-how-to-set-up-an-arma-3-epoch-server-on-a-client-pc/#entry176837

I think that this part of the forum is members only so you'll need to log in or register.

Re: Arma 3 Epoch

Eric the Viking
Well, finally got everything working a few days ago. Epoch v2.5.2 on Arma 3 v1.36

The graphics engine is very pretty although I am struggling a little on my older rig (Q9650 @4.2GHz + GTX 780 <- recent addition) with some laggy moments. There are some neat building options to make a base.

It's very early days but everything runs without fault but there's not much to do other than explore and try to survive - there is food and water but you need to look for it. Vehicles are there, I think that's a "Hunter" I have in the picture.

I added in some missions which are working well. I found a Little Bird but a word to the wise - the controls are not the same as Arma 2 - "Q" isn't power, but rotate left. Into the ground and a resulting fireball as it turns out...