Afterthought, I do have a valid DaiZY SP mission in mind ...

Afterthought, I do have a valid DaiZY SP mission in mind ...

benevolentdevil
This post was updated on .
 A bit "different" from the "normality" of dayz ... where you simply spawn in, grab loot , and try to survive ...

 OK, bear with me here, as this is only a vague or rough idea ...

 What if you were surviving in a small fortified "town" , that had some civilian residents in it?  As in actual "civillian" AI wandering around the town?
 Maybe a handfull of "AI bots" acting as "defenders" or "town marshals"? ...  these start off poorly "armed" but they are armed.

 The main goal, is for you ... the main character , to ensure your town's survival?

 So, you have  a small town ...  there's people here ... but they need things ... food, drinks, supplies ...
  Perhaps , the UN has made "supply drops" out there ( or does at random times/places around the map) ... and maybe other "survivors" out there, set up some "geo-caches" of supplies at times ...
  You'd want to go out, and collect these things ... bring them back to your "town" ...

Oh wait, once you do get these supplies, ... where you gonna put em?  Oops, you need storage.  Gotta go find some storage containers, or tents ...
 But ... wait again ... how are you gonna carry all those supplies needed?  Our town needs some working vehicles ...

 Of course, you might not be the only "town" thats fortified and collecting supplies ... maybe some "bandits" have taken over other areas, and are hoarding up supplies of thier own?

 Occasionally , maybe at random ... "bandit AI" spawns in and randomly attacks your town ...

 Your small group of "protectors" need better weapons to help defend the town ... you need better weapons to help defend the town ... gotta have ammo for the weapons ...

 Zombies or infected , are still issues/problematic ... seem to breach defenses quite often, get in town ... or just outside it harassing your citizens ...

 Maybe have it coded ... where you will gain a citizen every so many hours of playing ... that way, in case some die due to bandits shooting, zombies eating ... there's  a chance the town -could- repopulate itself ... eventually.  ( if population is "full" , no new citizens spawn in so nothing over-loads?)

 Further possibilities ... having a Bus or Buses you need to fix up , in case population gets low ... and you need to bug-out, evacuate everyone you can ... and seek another "town" to start over?

 You have to leave the town often , to go out and get things ... leaving "security" in the hand of your "protectors" ... it's a gamble, leaving it all in thier hands ... but the catch is, if you don't leave and scavenge or get supplies ... everyone would die anyways ...
 Or if one citizen gets an infection ... it could spread ... or *gasp* one turns into a zombie, they all might get bitten ...

I don't exactly know how to set it up, or code/script any of the above ... and not exactly sure it's an absolute solid "idea" ...

 My thoughts was ... "normally" in DayZ , you are basically surviving for yourself ... only having to worry about yourself.  You become a "nomadic" survivor ...  no place to really call home, or care about ...
You don't really have any set "goals" or task you have to do ...

 So I was watching the Walking Dead episodes and thought ... "what if you were a guy like Rick, or Negan even lol ... you had a community to protect, they need stuff ... they want to survive too "
  It gives a place to return to for a reason ... it gives task to do ( not set in stone task, you could chose what's important , and in what order done in ... ) , gives you a "home" to care about while playing ...
 You want it protected ... but guns just don't grow on trees , gotta go find them ... some trucks or vehicles to cart scavenged supplies in would help ...
 You'd need fuel , tires , ect ...  bandits could "steal" supplies ( maybe even give a chance to recover such ) , steal vehicles ... of course kill your "citizens" or "protectors" too ...
 be able to go take "revenge" on such, recover the stolen property ...

 perhaps even your town fortifications need replaced, or repaired ... I dunno ( especially seeing how we can't seem to include decent base building in daizy ) ...

 But I thought ... it would be a different "twist" to the game ... you still need your personal supplies of course , you need to survive ... but now ya got something to actually work towards , and do that needs done ... beyond just running to military spawns and finding good rifles to shoot others with ...

 Thoughts?

Re: Afterthought, I do have a valid DaiZY SP mission in mind ...

benevolentdevil
I mean, try to think a bit "outside" the box ... while still using some of the same stuff we already know ... Ai missions generated , might hold vital supplies, or things you want ... or things that might be "luxuries" ( generators, lights , an armed jeep for town defense... or a static m2 lol )

 there could be fortified areas, where it's infested with Ai enemies ...
You could try to raid for supplies ...

 I think the possibilities could be endless there in ... as long as it could be scripted or done via the engine ...