ACRE Support for DayZ

Josh M
This post was updated on .
Would it be possible for somebody to add the ACRE radios, or tell me how to modify the loot tables myself for the latest version of DayZ.

I have a server setup that I am messing around with, and would like to have radios be a military/heli/lootable off of police/military zed drop.

Okay, well apparently the crates don't appear ingame, go figure.

Help Please!

I can add it to the loot tables if you upload the code. Otherwise just get the classname(s) and unpbo your dayz_code.pbo, find "Config.cpp" (depending on DayZ version). It'll be the configs folder > loot > buildingloot.sqf on 1.7.7/1.7.7.1. And then just add the classnames + loot chance.

Re: ACRE Support for DayZ

Josh M
This post was updated on .
I presume I could Depbo it and add the classnames to the loot table and put that in my mission file and run it on my server. Everything I could find via other forums suggested doing this with other items.

I haven't found any radios via spawns unfortunately to see if my changes are actually working, but I did find that the PRC343 replaces the default radio which NPC bandits can be found carrying, so I know it's sort of working by default ACRE mod settings. And I can add the radios to inventories via the database easy enough, so there's at least that for the moment, but I'm still hoping to get the loot working.

Should just adding the classnames via the loot tables in the mission file, and then having the mod reference those instead of the ones in the dayz PBO work like according to the guides? Or do I actually have to add the code to a new dayZ pbo instead? Only reason I ask is because it is clearly able to recognize that the items exist, and add them to inventories via the database. But I have no idea really what I should be expecting at the moment.

Is there a way to check and see if the loot tables are correctly referencing my changes and spawning items?

Annnd, right now it could also be an issue with my file structure. The original server I got this mission file off of seems to have some duplicate file structure that I can't make sense of.

Alternatively could I email you the depbo'd mission file so you could glance through it? I feel like I'm missing something obvious, and I've just been so tired lately I have a hard time focusing, and my search results are often contradicting in regards to this topic.

source: http://opendayz.net/threads/tutorial-custom-loot-tables-and-adjusting-spawn-rates.11589/#post-56800

Re: ACRE Support for DayZ

Josh M
This post was updated on .
Would you be so kind, Above, to put the ACRE radios into the tables for me? I'm using DayZ Overwatch as the basis for my server.

I'd like for the radios to be lootable from primarily military spawns.

ACRE_PRC148 from all military spawns with a 25%-50% chance so they can be obtained fairly regularly.
Including the various military and police zombies, and crash sites as well as having a 10% chance to spawn from the medical spawns. Also off of the bandit NPCs if do-able.

AN/PRC-117F from all military spawns with a 5%-10% chance, and a 50% chance from helicopter crash sites. But not on zombies.

ACRE_PRC343 / ItemRadio very very low chance to drop on whatever civilians, 25% chance to spawn on hunter zeds, and from deer stands.

Classnames  for radios^

Also would it be possible for you to change the starting loadout to

class CfgSurvival {
        class Inventory {
                class Default {
                        RandomMagazines = 1;
                        //weapons[] = {"Makarov"}; //8Rnd_9x18_Makarov
                        GuaranteedMagazines[] = {"15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"};
                        RandomPossibilitieMagazines[] = {"15Rnd_9x19_M9","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"};
                        weapons[] = {["M9","M16A2","ItemWatch","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemKnife","ACRE_PRC148"};
                        backpackWeapon = "";
                        backpack = "DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1";

As well as the starting skin to Soldier1_DZ?

Thanks. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Re: ACRE Support for DayZ

Josh M
I have failed miserably to get these changes to work myself.

After making the changes it breaks the server and spits out errors such as RSEC and Variables SQF have been deleted, even though I haven't touched either one.

Re: ACRE Support for DayZ

Josh M
Alright, so since I haven't had any luck adding radios to the loot tables for whatever inexplicable reason I figured out a workaround using the SARGE-AI configuration files for AI groups, and added in whatever kit I wanted into their inventories with a % for the drop rate.

Even though it's not exactly what I wanted, it also has the benefit of not requiring people to have to download modified files, as the changes are all contained within the mission file itself.

Just thought I'd pop in and update my findings if anybody else is trying to add ACRE to DayZ-MP